The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $600 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide. We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 120 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
Working as a member of a dynamic, fast-paced team, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring proper tracking and receipting of significant gifts and improving the efficiency of the development team through daily operations. The Development Officer will report to the Associate Director, Development Operations. This position is not conducive to telecommuting.
- Manage the work flow and effectiveness of gift processing including data entry, report preparation, matching gift processing, and other outgoing material as appropriate for all significant gifts
- Prepare receipts and acknowledgements for high end donors
- Maintain data quality by updating donor records in database
- Serve as primary liaison with Donor Services and Finance Teams to ensure accuracy in donation and pledge tracking
- Work with fundraising team to vet and assign new major gifts to the appropriate portfolio
- Support development team operations by ordering office supplies and coordinating team meetings
Key qualities of an outstanding Development Coordinator include excellent organizational skills, problem-solving acumen, interpersonal skills, self-confidence, positive disposition and solid judgment. The Development Officer must also possess sound time management skills as well as an innate sense of curiosity, pace and urgency. Equally important is the ability to work productively and proactively, both independently and within a team environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for an early-career professional who is obsessed with process, highly productive, and extremely detail-oriented.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with a complex database; Salesforce experience is a strong plus
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Experience in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Minimal travel may be required
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=mjfox&jobId=174358&lang=en_US&source=CC3 describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.