Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will work closely with all levels of the Sepsis Alliance Team, specifically with the Development Manager, our Content Director, and our marketing/design agency. The Communications Coordinator will play a lead role in all aspects of communications, including fundraising, public relations, content creation, and social media. Significant opportunity for growth and advancement.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce content in a variety of formats, including web content, e-blasts, and social media
- Support the organization’s fundraising outreach and communication
- Promote and support community events across the country
- Contribute to the creation of and monitoring of social media content
- Assist with public relations outreach, including writing press releases, building and maintaining media lists, and responding to press and speaker request queries
- Work in close collaboration with the Development Manager, Content Director, and Marketing Consultant to promote the Alliance’s various initiatives
- Utilize the web to identify and cultivate new relationships and opportunities
- Daily media monitoring
- Compile reports using various digital tools such as Google Analytics, PR Web, and others
- Maintain a contacts database in SalesForce
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- 2‐3 years work experience
- A. or B.S. degree in Communications or Journalism preferred
- Familiarity with email marketing design software and website content management
- Experience in media, public relations, working with partners to promote national health a plus
- An interest in health and a desire to improve health outcomes for millions of people
- A willingness to learn and take on new projects is essential
- Ability to be flexible and meet deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills
competitive based on experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure when facing extremely short deadlines.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point required. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM tools – SalesForce a plus
- Experience working in high-demand environment requiring high-level multi-tasking and self-innovation with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in using online and social media technology.
- Experience working with press, media (preferred)
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to adhere to firm deadlines.
- Must have great interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with staff, board members, volunteers, partners, and constituents across multiple locations.
How to Apply
This is a full-time employee position and includes paid holidays, vacation and a health stipend. Please email cover letter, salary history, resume, link to your portfolio and/or writing samples to CommunicationsCoordinator@sepsis.org. No faxes or phone calls, please.