FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
The Program Analyst will be a solution-oriented member of the Social Sector Outreach Department with responsibilities for designing and implementing performance analytics systems and helping to identify qualitative and quantitative growth opportunities. The successful candidate will be a proactive, creative team player who enjoys process, analysis, troubleshooting, data interpretation, and solutions development and can provide technical and configuration support.
Foundation Center’s Social Sector Outreach Department is one of the most forward-facing units of the organization and engages directly with a diverse network of constituents. With an emerging ‘bricks and clicks’ strategy as its key driver, the department contributes to the success of the social sector by connecting people to the resources they need to thrive. This includes in-person trainings at our 5 regional offices/libraries, 470+ Funding Information Network locations in 13 countries, as well as web-based trainings via webinars, live chats, discussions, and more.
REPORTING TO: Director of Network Engagement
SCHEDULE: 18 - 20 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
- Develop systematized reporting structures to routinely capture statistical data, direct and indirect feedback, and performance analytics on end-user behavior and activities for the Funding Information Network, GrantSpace.org, Capacity & Leadership Development Team, and our five regional offices.
- Work collaboratively with other departments (specifically the Business Intelligence/Systems Team) to develop CRM-based standard mechanisms for tracking, gathering, maintaining, and enhancing internal customer records.
- Work with internal teams to develop insights and make recommendations based on gathered metrics to deliver better and more relevant products and services.
- Support ad-hoc requests for analysis and reports in the area of scope and create senior-level reports and presentations with clear recommendations based on analytics results.
- Curate data from multiple sources to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making.
- Participate in interviews with end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance.
- Perform daily and monthly administrative and support tasks related to analytics systems.
- Conduct data queries, data integrations, and data migrations.
- Provide project management support as needed.
- Contribute to the budget process and financial monitoring.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Highly organized self-starter who can work across multiple teams and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- 2-4 years of experience in the social sector (nonprofit), including one year performance analysis, data collection, Tableau, NetSuite, or other related experience.
- BA/BS degree in related field strongly desired.
- Firm understanding of college-level statistics
- Strong written and verbal communicator. Ability to work with individuals and groups at all professional levels, especially senior executives, both internally and externally.
- A record of success in working with teams of diverse, strong, creative people to achieve common goals; ability to work effectively with staff in other departments and cities.
- Experience working in multiple time zones and locations both inside and outside of the United States a plus.
- Technology savvy, including web development, content management system experience, use of social and professional media, blogging, and content curation and creation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and various database competencies is essential.
- Coding or programming experience a plus.
$22 per hour
How to Apply
We're looking for candidates who want long-term temporary, non-benefits eligible, part-time employment. Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time or benefits eligible position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- The reason you are seeking a part-time position
- The expected length of time you desire part-time work
- Your desired hourly wage
- Where you saw our job posting
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
For more information on positions available at the Foundation Center please visit our website:http://foundationcenter.org/about-us/work-at-foundation-center/job-openings