Jacaranda is designing the future of maternity care for the patients who need it most. Jacaranda Health aims to change the way maternal healthcare is provided by building and evaluating new ways to provide high-quality, patient-centered maternity care at low cost. In the last year, we have expanded our maternity hospital, are evaluating expansion to a third, and are now partnering with 10+ government hospitals to test our model for improving quality of care in the Kenya's public sector. Jacaranda is committed to producing high quality evidence to guide implementation of maternal and newborn health programs and is building its capacity as a center for implementation science research in maternal and newborn health care. We have built strong partnerships with local and international research institutions and have conducted rigorous experimental and implementation science research with partners such as Harvard University, the Duke Global Health Institute, and UCSF Global Health Sciences. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Center for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and the International Partnership for Innovations in Healthcare Delivery – and our facilities have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We are seeking a Research, M&E, and Project Manager to join our team as we continue expanding our work within the greater Nairobi area. This person should have demonstrated research and M+E experience, exceptional quantitative analytical and project management skills, and a passion for designing and applying research and evaluation methods to real-world implementation research questions. The scope of work will overseeing multiple research projects, including study design, implementation, data collection oversight, data analysis, and manuscript preparation, as well as contributing to a dynamic, fast-paced research/M&E team environment.
Chief Innovation Officer
- Lead the management of the M-Health portfolio of Jacaranda, including RCTs touching multiple public health facilities and new technology initiatives
- Oversee and lead study design, implementation, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination activities for multiple research projects
- Contribute to impact measurement at Jacaranda, and manage ongoing program monitoring and impact evaluation of programs and initiatives (including M&E design and overseeing quality data collection conducted by in-house team)
- Analyze, prepare, and disseminate M&E data for practical use by program managers for program improvement, and support development and reporting of key metrics to partners and funders
- Help set our strategy for engaging government partners, building our research/project portfolio, and evaluating the impact of our work within Jacaranda Health and in the surrounding community
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with research and academic institutions locally and abroad, stakeholders within the county government health offices, local and regional advisors, and other stakeholders
- Work with a team of M&E project managers & Fellows, including contributing to guiding performance objectives, training, and mentorship to all M&E team members
- Coordinate academic research partnerships (including developing a strategic plan for Jacaranda's research activities, identifying and securing research partnerships, identifying and securing funding for implementation science research)
- Support Jacaranda's influence in the maternal and child health landscape through publication of academic papers and presentation at conferences
Master's Degree in Public Health or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years' proven experience managing projects and/or conducting research in a health care setting
- Experience managing data, project management skills and great attention to detail.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in data analysis software; Proficiency in Microsoft and Google products, in particular Excel; familiarity with database management programs (e.g. Access, SQL etc, Salesforce) a plus;
- Experience with M-Health a plus, though not required. Should be interested in ICT4D
- High attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Proactive, self-starter and team-oriented; able to multi-task effectively, solve problems, and seek assistance where necessary; able to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Dependable and upholding highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- Proactivity, inquisitiveness and flexibility
- Passionate about social impact and applying rigorous research methods to real-world challenges and questions
- Fluent in Kiswahili
- Kenyan nationals preferred
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through this link: https://jacaranda-health.workable.com/jobs/448908
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.