The Salesforce Administrator & Developer will join a small dynamic Salesforce team managing a rapidly growing Salesforce instance. The Salesforce Administrator & Developer will primarily focus on extending the Salesforce platform to meet the growing needs of Food and Water Watch.
This position will be responsible for all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code.
- Work within the Salesforce team to design and develop an innovative Salesforce instance that meets the needs of our various departments and supports the organizational goals.
- Lead and implement Salesforce projects from start to finish, including develop and leading training, as well as creating and maintaining documentation.
- Provide technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement.
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
- Assist with the administration of our Salesforce platform as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical/dental/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
- Education & Certification: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field. Certified Salesforce.com Administrator and/or Developer desired.
- Experience: At least 2+ years previous administration or development experience with Salesforce.com. Demonstrative success with multiple Salesforce.com integration projects.
- Desired Experience: Experience with Blackbaud's Luminate CRM and Online. Experience in online and offline fundraising and advocacy campaigns; Field or online organizing experience. Data management best practices; online fundraising data management and best practices; grassroots organizing and advocacy techniques; familiarity with legislative campaigns.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API. Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE). Strong understanding of relational databases. Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async.
- Skills: Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users. Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills. Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. Technical project management experience.
- Capabilities: Ability to think creatively to use database tools to accomplish organizational priorities. Data analysis and ability to draw conclusions from data and present those conclusions to decision-makers. Ability to take initiative. Ability to work well with a wide variety of people and to coordinate diverse tasks. Organized with a can-do attitude. Ability to take direction, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
- Required: Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch. Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Conditions: Long hours possible, occasional travel likely.
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply. Click here to submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.