Our mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin counties. The Bay Area is one of the most expensive places to live, and many of our low-income neighbors are struggling day-to-day to make ends meet. More than 225,000 people rely on the Food Bank to get enough food to eat each year.
This year, we will distribute 49 million pounds of food. Our network of 450 partner agencies includes neighborhood food pantries, after-school programs, AIDS service providers, domestic violence and homeless shelters, health clinics, job training programs, senior programs, soup kitchens, and street outreach programs Please visit us at sfmfoodbank.org for additional information.
Join our friendly, collaborative and hardworking Development Department. The Community Engagement Coordinator is a member of the Community Engagement team, which encompasses the Food and Fund Drive program, Third Party promotions, Special Events, and Volunteer Services.
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) reports to and works closely with the Community Engagement Manager (CEM) to implement the Food and Fund Drive and third party fundraising programs and to ensure their success. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external constituencies, working closely with warehouse operations staff, and providing logistical and administrative support for the CEM and Associate Director, Community Engagement. The CEC serves as a key contact for local organizations that support the Food Bank annually and serves in a highly visible role making presentations and giving tours to supporting individuals, companies and organizations, and coordinating select annual Food and Fund Drives.
Community Engagement Manager
Food & Fund Drive and Third Party Programs Coordination
- Collaborate with corporate and community partners, Food Bank staff and others to successfully plan and execute new and existing food and fund drive (F&FD) events and campaigns, and third party promotions and activities.
- Coordinate, implement, expand and evaluate annual F&FD and third party events to secure targeted food drive poundage and funding to support the needs of the organization.
- Coordinate outreach for F&FDs. Follow up with prospective donors to enroll companies, organizations, congregations and schools while communicating the mission, goals and needs of the Food Bank. Fulfill requests for information via online registrations, telephone conversations, in-person visits, and written and email correspondence.
Database Management, Online Tool Administration and Administrative/Clerical Responsibilities
- Provide logistical and administrative support for F&FDs and third party fundraising.
- Maintain up-to-date database files; ensure timely and accurate donation and information entry; create and produce necessary reports from database.
- Process and record car donation revenue and acknowledgements; act as Food Bank liaison to participating companies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years' events coordination, fundraising or relevant experience.
- Eroject management experience.s. vol shift sign-upsD? 3rd xperience developing and stewarding relationships with external partners.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills.
- Proven and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Confident public speaker with ability to develop and deliver presentations aimed at various age and working groups.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Ability to interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced and demanding environment using good judgment skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects; must have high attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of MS Windows, Office and database management experience. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in an open plan office environment.
- Valid California driver's license required. Access to vehicle preferred.
- Bilingual not required, but a plus.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and fundraising portfolio to email@example.com. Include "Community Engagement Coordinator, your name" in the subject line of your email.