The Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF), founded in 1974, is a national nonprofit organization that protects and promotes the civil rights of Asian Americans. By combining litigation, advocacy, education, and organizing, AALDEF works with Asian American communities across the country to secure social justice for all. Priorities include economic justice for workers, immigrant rights, educational equity, housing and environmental justice, anti-trafficking, and voting rights and civic participation.
Located in New York City, AALDEF has a 14-person staff and is supported by foundation and corporate grants, individual contributions, and special events. For more information about AALDEF and its current activities, please visit our website at http://www.aaldef.org.
AALDEF is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join the growing team in our New York office. The Administrative Assistant supports the daily operations of the development department by working closely with the Director of Development and Operations Manager. A major portion of the Administrative Assistant's time is dedicated to updating and maintaining the donor database. The ideal applicant is growth-oriented and seeks experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- Process, track, and acknowledge donations;
- Maintain contact database and donor records, including all database protocols;
- Prepare donor reports and mailing lists from database;
- Maintain a weekly calendar of development activities;
- Assist with logistics, planning, and preparations for special events;
- Provide support for donor mailings, public communications, and newsletters;
- Assist with grant reports as needed;
- Conduct prospect research as needed;
- Provide support for general office duties as needed, including answering phones and sorting mail.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of office administrative experience preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Prior fundraising database management experience required, preferably DonorPerfect
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interest in AALDEF’s program areas and civil rights advocacy.
Salary is competitive with the nonprofit sector and is commensurate with experience. Excellent health and vacation benefits.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017
Start Date: May 2017.
AALDEF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
Please email a brief cover letter, resume, and at least one writing sample to email@example.com, with the subject line “Administrative Assistant”.