Establishes short and long range fundraising goals and conducting comprehensive, cost-effective annual fund-raising campaigns within his/her area of operation to support the 37 UNCF member institutions. Serves as an ambassador for UNCF and is responsible for engaging donors and leveraging key relationships to ensure revenue goals are met.
Area Development Director
- Develop new sources of unrestricted income from events, individuals and local community partners, foundations and corporations.
- Plan and implement campaign strategies consistent with UNCF national action plans and policies.
- Develop and submit solicitation proposals, design and implement special fund-raising events.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with current and potential high net-worth donors.Establish and maintain close, direct contact with local corporations, government, community, church and civic leaders to ensure top volunteer leadership.
- Write fundraising correspondence, letters of acknowledgment, appeals and maintain regular schedule of in-person visits with foundations, donors and board members.
- Identify and recruit campaign leaders and advisory board members.
- Establish and maintain liaison with volunteers and secure loaned executives.Develop/prepare campaign materials, communication and promotional programs supporting local fund-raising efforts.
- Supervise and coordinate staff activities related to records management in Raiser’s Edge database; maintain files on all donors, and ensuring security and quality controls.
- Interface with Accounting and Finance department to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Generate queries, reports, exports and other collection data as needed.
- Manage area office to ensure compliance with UNCF policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct performance appraisals and recommend employment, termination, promotion, and training and development of subordinates.
- May supervise one or more professional and/or administrative level staff.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.); Masters’ degree optional
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in fund-raising and marketing
Candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to conduct major fund raising activities, including capital campaigns and annual giving drives - Annual fundraising campaign raising between $500k - $800k
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Outstanding human relations and managerial skills
- Effectively present information to groups (managers, clients, customers, general public)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. For more information or to view other opportunities at UNCF, please visit www.uncf.org.
UNCF, Inc. is an EOE M/F/V/D