CEEF raises funds by working with parents and the community to fund educational programs with the Cupertino Union School District (CUSD) that are beyond what is possible through federal and state funding.
CEEF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in 1984. CEEF is led by a volunteer board of community leaders. For over 30 years, CEEF has funded enhancement programs including classroom music, arts, math and technology; bolstered classroom excellence by supporting innovative professional development for teachers; and partnered with parents and the community to protect teachers’ jobs and sustain great education in CUSD.
The Executive Director (ED), reporting to the Board of Directors (BOD), will have overall strategic and operational responsibilities for CEEF programs, fundraising and execution of its mission The Executive Director will work with Board members, key District personnel, staff, and volunteers to meet CEEF’s stated goals.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
Key activities fall into 3 areas: Fundraising, Leadership and Communications.
- Work with the BOD and Fund Development Committee to manage current fundraising programs and achieve fundraising targets
- May include developing and implement new fundraising strategies, partnerships and sponsorships with local businesses as well as seek out new opportunities.
Leadership & Management
- Manage BOD and support various board committees (e.g. nomination, infrastructure, etc) in support of CEEF goals.
- Recommend timelines, identify and solicit needed resources to achieve CEEF goals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with CUSD and key community organizations/partners (PTA/PTO, Rotary, City of Cupertino, etc) in support of CEEF goals, including volunteer recruitment.
- Develop (in cooperation with the BOD) and manage the annual budget (including fundraising targets, expenses and grants).
- Be the organizational spokesperson for CEEF to the community (parents, media, key organizations) and our partner- CUSD
- Oversee CEEF communication, brand identity and visibility in the community by utilizing various communication tools (eg. Website, social media, email, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ work experience in the non-profit sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a governing board and volunteers.
- Proven skills in fundraising and management in the non-profit sector. Experience in education a definite plus.
- Candidates with experience and demonstrated results in cultivating innovative fundraising opportunities and working with donor management software a plus.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Office, Internet, QuickBooks checks, etc). Expertise with social media a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and negotiated responsibilities/hours.
Position may be full-time or part-time for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Contact Karen Rizkalla (firstname.lastname@example.org), CEEF President, for additional information or to apply.