Higher Learning Advocates is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC that supports and advances policy changes that increase postsecondary attainment. We support a postsecondary system that is student-centered, equitable, outcomes-based, and focused on educational quality by advocating for policies that: are based on student outcomes, make postsecondary education and student aid work for today’s student, and ensure access and affordability. We are bipartisan, strategically minded, and focused on improving postsecondary outcomes for all students.
The Operations, Board and Events Coordinator will be responsible for a diversified portfolio of both executive and administrative responsibilities. Based in Washington, DC, the position will interface with executive staff, members of the Board of Directors, as well as vendors on behalf of Higher Learning Advocates for event coordination and operational tasks. This position requires a highly organized candidate who is detail orientated and has the ability to multi-task.
Responsibilities – Events Coordination
- Lead the administrative and operational aspects of Higher Learning Advocates’ event planning functions, including material and information dissemination, vendor selection and management, support for invited speakers and guests, tracking reimbursement, and be the primary liaison for on-site coordination.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for registrants and invited guests as well as responsible for the coordination, dissemination and tracking of invitations for events.
- Collaborate with and assist other departments and staff for event coordination.
- Work with staff on the development and coordination of the annual schedule of meetings and events.
- Calendar and track the organization’s events, industry organizational events, and major holidays to avoid conflicts.
- Ensure the accuracy of and the timely dissemination of event information and invitations.
Responsibilities – Board Relations
- Provide administrative and project support to the Executive Director for the coordination of matters related to the Higher Learning Advocates Board of Directors.
- Ensure the timely dissemination of Board related invitations, documents, and agendas.
- Coordinate Board member schedules for official Board meetings.
- Provide administrative support for all Committee meetings.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Board member travel and hotel coordination and reimbursement.
Responsibilities – Operations
- Responsible for responding to inquiries via telephone, email and general mail.
- Type and edit correspondence, administrative and statistical reports, coordinate, prepare and disseminate mailings.
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and maintaining the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Support the staff in operational and facilities needs.
- Substantive work experience in event planning and/or Board relations management.
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, manage multiple tasks, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Familiarity with audio-visual equipment and web-based platforms/software applications for meeting planning.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to manage complex situations and relationships with confidence, confidentiality and tact.
- Operating style suited to working in a small team environment where teamwork, creativity and flexibility are valued.
A competitive compensation package including salary and benefits is available and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with OBEC in the message title.