I AM THAT GIRL is a chapter-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides leadership, social, and personal development programming to girls in high school and college throughout the US, to cultivate self-worth, community engagement, and action so together we can amplify the voices, stories, and potential of girls everywhere.
We are a huge-hearted and hard-working group of fun-loving people. We have a driven, energetic, and fun culture that embodies the I AM THAT GIRL values. We are inspired by a genuine love of and respect for the girls in our community and the impact they have on the world - both today and in the future.
To learn more about I AM THAT GIRL, please visit www.iamthatgirl.com.
I AM THAT GIRL is looking for a total badass, role model, and professional superhero to lead the organization. The CEO will strategically and fearlessly lead the implementation of the mission and vision of I AM THAT GIRL, with a consistent focus on building and growing a movement that is led by girls, for girls. A successful candidate will have the natural ability to inspire and empower others, both within their own organization and more broadly with partners, donors and young women across the country. With significant growth on the horizon, I AM THAT GIRL seeks an experienced, dynamic nonprofit leader who will ensure operational and financial sustainability, programmatic excellence, and substantial growth in fundraising. The later will require a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, as well as top-notch skills in relationship building and public speaking. The CEO will lead a small and very mighty team, ensuring each staff member is supported and empowered to carry out the mission and values of I AM THAT GIRL.
This team captain will partner with, as well as report to, the Board of Directors.
- Be a professional vision builder, mission communicator, messaging unifier and growth catalyzer
- Captain the I AM THAT GIRL team and partner with the Board of Directors with exceptional professional rigor
- Develop and maintain effective systems for operations, finance, staff management and governance
- Plan and implement successful fundraising strategies for corporations, individual donors, family foundations and other potential partners who are well-aligned with the mission and vision of I AM THAT GIRL
- Maintain and broaden an inspiring network of fierce supporters, such as C-level executives, NGO leaders, foundation directors, and major donors
- Enthusiastically and appropriately represent I AM THAT GIRL in a variety of external relationships and public speaking engagements, while ensuring the true spotlight remains on the girls
- Provide unwavering support, coaching and mentoring to the staff at IATG, managing to high performance and ensuring the team has the tools they need to be successful in their work
- A positive, dynamic and fierce role model for girls, with the ability to inspire and empower others
- Management maestro with demonstrated experience leading and empowering high-performing, highly productive teams
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of nonprofit operations, financial management and governance; leadership experience in a high-growth/high-impact organization strongly preferred
- Energized by systems planning and operations management
- Experience partnering effectively with a nonprofit Board of Directors
- Strong track record of success raising money for nonprofit organizations and the ability to draw on previous experience with corporate and foundation partners as well as individual donors
- Compelling communication style, strength in public speaking, superb interpersonal skills, and an enthusiasm for cultivating relationships
- Thrive in a small, mission-driven, start-up culture that is energetic, driven and fun
- Lives the values of I AM THAT GIRL, embodies the unique organizational culture, and possesses the ability to convey these values and culture in all interactions
- Kind and BADASS (caps intended)
How to Apply
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Wendy Wecksell, Interim CEO, at the following link: http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1600000kNeGh&tSource=
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
I AM THAT GIRL offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
I AM THAT GIRL is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages
applications from people of all sexual identities and gender expressions.
About Commongood Careers
I AM THAT GIRL has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Chief Executive Officer. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ mission and culture, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 800 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.