AIDA (www.aida-americas.org) is an international environmental non-profit organization dedicated to justice for the environment in the Americas. We defend the environment and vulnerable communities by disseminating knowledge, crafting winning legal arguments, strengthening policies and legislation, and creating model strategies for communities to enforce the law. AIDA’s primary offices are located in San Francisco and Mexico City. Our team members are located throughout the Americas.
The Manager of Donor Development stewards the cultivation of donor gifts, from public support campaigns to relationship-building with mid- and major-level donors and prospects, as well as philanthropic advisors and foundation trustees. We are looking for a self‐starter with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work both collaboratively and independently. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills creativity, and analytical skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail‐oriented.
The Manager is a member of our fundraising team, supporting AIDA’s Co-Executive Directors, Attorneys, and Advisors, and working closely with the Communications team.
- Develop and implement appropriate cultivation strategies for individual donors and prospects at various giving levels, including face-to-face meetings, phone conversations, email correspondence, and support of cultivation and pitch meetings.
- Ensure that donors receive interest-specific and appropriate organizational and program updates, response to queries, and gift acknowledgements.
- Work with the Communications team to craft high quality, relevant and appropriate communications for donors including Monthly Updates, fundraising appeals, quarterly newsletter, and Annual Report.
- Craft and oversee the strategy for and implementation of public support campaigns including email appeals, Global Giving, holiday giving and social media.
- Organize and execute fundraising and cultivation events including house parties and benefits.
- Oversee the accurate recording of donor information and cultivation tasks in our donor database.
- Support foundation fundraising by pinpointing and helping to cultivate new relationships with founders, trustees, and board members.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of AIDA’s casework and programs to share and inform donors and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in fundraising, preferably focused on individual donor development.
- Excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
- Spanish language skills.
- Experience cultivating individual donors, including research, relationship development, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Familiarity with public support campaign tactics, list building techniques, and use of social media to attract donors.
- Experience in managing and executing fundraising events. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with donor and list management tools such as Salesforce, Network for Good, and Constant Contact.
- Commitment to environmental and human rights protection.
- Able to work effectively with others in varied locations and time zones, and with people from diverse economic, social, and political backgrounds.
Pay is negotiable, and dependent on experience.
The position preferably will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but AIDA is a virtual team with members located throughout the Americas.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a short relevant writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Manager of Individual Giving.”