The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive major giving program with a primary focus on the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual prospects and donors, who have the capacity to make gifts of $10,000 or more.
Under the direction of the Director of Development:
- Growing the program to raise receipts in the amount of $1 million to $1.5 million, annually
- Maintaining an active schedule of solicitations, cultivation visits, events, and stewardship activities
- Working with CYW leadership to participate in major gift solicitations and planning
- Identifying and prioritizing major gift prospects; working with board, senior staff and other volunteers; preparing background information for solicitations
- Directly identifying, cultivating and stewarding a pool of 100+ major donor prospects and active donors
- Creating, leading, and implementing strategy to engage CYW Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and Leadership Council
- Developing a moves management short and long-term strategy for all individual donors and prospects, to include thoughtful strategy re upgrading donors currently at the $1K level.
- Maintaining an active, current body of knowledge pertaining to a growing constituency of current and prospective donors and volunteers
- Facilitating relationships between potential and current donors and members of the CYW’s staff, Board, and volunteers
- Leading donor cultivation events and salons with a view to strategically engaging high capacity individuals and growing our major donor community.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated initiative and achievement in large gift fundraising with at least five years of development experience
- The ability to strategize large gift solicitations and to demonstrate a sensitivity to the motivations of those who can make them
- Expertise in the methodologies of major giving, including being able to market planned gifts
- A proven ability to work autonomously and to keep a number of solicitations moving simultaneously, along with the ability to function independently with a variety of important audiences, including volunteers, key staff, major donors, and prospects
- The initiative to pursue a task on the basis of general instructions
- The ability to function effectively as a member of a team, and a willingness to participate in activities and assignments that will benefit other members of the team or will contribute to the accomplishment of team objectives
- The ability to represent all of CYW’s gift opportunities and their priorities to prospects effectively and equitably
- Exceptional ability to organize and motivate others, including CYW leadership, Board, staff, peers, and volunteers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills along with exceptional interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Perseverance, a high energy level, patience, imagination, humor and creativity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, MPA, MPH preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of fundraising experience in a leadership position; proven track record of soliciting and securing six and seven figure gifts.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and national donors and prospects; existing familiarity and relationships with these donors and prospects preferred.
- Knowledge of effective fundraising strategies and techniques for growing non-profits; thorough and specific knowledge of the principles and techniques of major giving moves management
- Health, clinical, medical-related and/or research-driven fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of health disparities in low-income communities; knowledge of Adverse Childhood Experiences and toxic stress a plus.
Salary based on experience and qualifications. Please provide your salary expectations.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.