BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
The Development Manager is a key member of the BRIC development team. This position is responsible for many aspects of our institutional and individual donor strategies, including: BRIC-wide foundation and select other institutional fundraising, BRIC House and BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival membership programs, supporting our sustainability campaign, and participating in planning and execution of special events; with other related duties as they arise.
Supervisor: Director of Development
Support BRIC-wide foundation fundraising:
- Help to develop and pursue revenue goals
- Develop prospects based on deep knowledge of BRIC’s programs
- Edit and write proposals
- Manage institutional relationships
Oversee BRIC’s membership programs:
- Supervise Development Associate for BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival memberships and ensure effective membership activation
- Strategize and coordinate promotional outreach to current and prospective BRIC members
- Assist with on-site coverage at the Prospect Park Bandshell
- Manage BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Friends Advisory Council; schedule and attend meetings
- Lead the process of evaluating and growing the BRIC House membership program
- Oversee stewardship of members, including special events, to deepen their engagement with BRIC.
Other Development Roles:
- Involved with Raisers Edge database tracking and Moves Management systems
- Limited role with respect to two annual galas, with particular focus on membership and institutional giving outreach as well as staffing and other management areas
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Two to three years of experience in membership, foundation grant-writing, non-profit fundraising, and or strategic partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem-solve, adhere to deadlines, and work as part of a team
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database (or similar) preferred
- Interest, knowledge, and background in contemporary art, performing arts, and/or arts education a plus
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. Presence at some evening and weekend events will be required.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Development Manager. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.