Program Global Economy and Development
Job Function Development
Job ID 2017-1525
The Development Coordinator provides administrative coordination and research support, writing and editing, and event coordination to the Global Economy and Development program (Global) development team and the Senior Director of Development and Management. The Development Coordinator will also facilitate the administration and communication between Global and the Central Development office (DEV).
Writing and Prospect Research Support (40%)
- In coordination with the Global Development team, manages the pipeline, development, and completion of grant reports, including verifying reporting requirements, preparing initial report templates, developing report timelines, collecting of scholars' work and other documents, preparing publications lists and drafting text, as appropriate.
- Leads prospect research activities for Global; prepares background briefings for meetings with prospects, donors, and other external partners and organizations; researches prospective donors (individuals, foundations, corporations, government, and other organizations) as identified by development team, scholars, and/or other research; conducts donor history research.
- Coordinates updates from scholars, centers, and communications staff for program and institutional documents.
- Edits and proofreads reports, proposals, annual reports, and other program documents; drafts content as requested.
- Prepares drafts of correspondence, e-mails, acknowledgement letters, and other documents.
- Assists with stewardship activities for donors, including drafting weekly update e-mails on Global's activities.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Development and Management, drafts and edits internal partnership requests that require approval.
Administrative Coordination and Research Support (40%)
- Guides the Program Assistant as needed on Raiser's Edge data entry and queries; provides back-up support for maintaining donor and prospect information for Global in Raiser's Edge and running queries; manages data integrity for the program.
- Updates and tracks revenue projections, outstanding receivables, and pledges.
- Manages the internal work flow for proposal approvals; coordinates internal signatures, cover sheets, and other required proposal documents; distributes documents to appropriate personnel, departments, and funders.
- Serves as the primary point of contact on donor acknowledgements in publications, as well as for high-level invitation requests.
- Supports the Senior Director for Development and Management in the follow-up and tracking of internal policy processes and procedures.
- Participates in DEV meetings, representing Global's Development team as needed and reporting to meeting participants on Global events and fundraising activities.
- Organizes and files program documents.
Event Coordination 20%
- Schedules internal and external meetings; arranges room reservations and catering; prepares meeting materials, meeting minutes, and tracks follow-up items to ensure timely completion; organizes weekly team meetings, creates the agenda, and tracks own activities for discussion.
- Coordinates event logistics and prepares materials for high-level, private events with key donors, including those that may be after regular business hours or off-site.
- Coordinates invitations for upcoming events in Global, DEV, and elsewhere at Brookings; vets high-level attendees; monitors RSVPs and alerts Global and DEV staff of VIP attendees; ensures that Global publications and other materials are provided to DEV and the Executive Office.
- Greets donors at events and meetings, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum three years coordination and administrative experience required, preferably in a fundraising function within an international, non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with research-oriented work environments preferred.
- Interest in international economics, international development policy, and poverty issues, also preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and communication skills, required.
- Strong writing capabilities, including exceptional grammar, spelling, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Must be able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and consistently follow-up on details.
- Must be highly attentive to detail, discreet, and dependable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, including database and spreadsheet skills in MS Excel, required.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, take initiative, function independently, and work in close cooperation with others.
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge, or similar constituent relationship management software preferred.
- Must be currently authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Commensurate with experience.
Equal-Opportunity Employer: It is Brookings policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all of its employees and applicants without regard to their actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, citizenship status, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination as required by law.
How to Apply
Apply Here :http://www.Click2apply.net/tm73fyz68gwbttwz
Brookings requires that all applicants submit a cover letter and resume. Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document when you apply.
Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment at Brookings.