FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
As part of the Foundation Center’s 2020 Plan, the Foundation Center is leaning into its commitment to help level the playing field for small to midsize organizations and individuals with game-changing ideas
This plan calls for building and maintaining a strong regional infrastructure. Engagement Specialists will be instrumental to this pivot. The Engagement Specialists provides administrative support for the regional operation. Specifically the role involves coordinating marketing and social media efforts; supporting fundraising activity; tracking data and statistics; and providing the day-to-day administrative support to make the team and the regional operation optimal. The Engagement Specialist reports to the Director of their respective region and works closely with Marketing, Development, Network Engagement and other Specialists across the country to constantly and consistently provide the messaging about the Center’s value proposition to key stakeholders.
REPORTING TO: Director of Foundation Center South
SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week (Flexible between 9 and 5)
LOCATION: Atlanta Office
- Manage the regional donor list.
- Assist Director with proposal preparation, reports, and other fundraising appeals.
- Track, update, and communicate fundraising deadlines.
- Serve as liaison to Development Department on administrative fundraising matters, communicating regularly about gifts received, proposals sent, and other day-to-day matters pertaining to fundraising.
- Assist Director with prospect research as required.
- Coordinate marketing planning; manage social media efforts and outcomes.
- Compile and edit content for the regional newsletter.
- Manage coverage of local speakers and events through blog entries.
- Evaluate and strengthen branding on all materials in coordination with MARCOM.
- Analyzing regional statistics, preparing reports as needed.
- Maintain systems for monitoring feedback and make changes to special programming as needed.
- Updates registration database as needed.
- Coordinate with and serve as a liaison to community and professional groups as well as the general public to increase awareness and use of Foundation Center programs and services.
- Teaches and facilitates use of Foundation Directory Online database as needed.
- Support Director in outreach efforts and City Lead in operational efforts.
- Assist with the development of programs and services in collaboration with other organizations in response to identified needs.
- Propose programming designed to encourage convening among local nonprofit leaders, professionals, and organizations.
- Assess the need for developing new programs and expanding existing programs.
- Supports Director in all aspects of operating the regional office as needed, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Knowledge of foundation fundraising and some work experience in nonprofit sector preferred.
- Ability to communicate well in person and in writing with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to organize competing priorities and follow through quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a goal-driven environment.
- Team player with a sense of humor and winning attitude
- High degree of comfort using Word, PowerPoint and content management systems
- Proficiency in using various forms of social media.
- Good design sensibility; strong editor.
- Experience with managing data and databases; data analysis, a plus.
- Fluency in a second language, a plus.
- Requisite character traits:
- Highly Organized
- Quick Study
How to Apply
We're looking for candidates who want long-term temporary, non-benefits eligible, part-time employment. Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time or benefits eligible position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- The reason you are seeking a part-time position
- The expected length of time you desire part-time work
- Your desired hourly wage
- Where you saw our job posting
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
For more information on positions available at the Foundation Center please visit our website:http://foundationcenter.org/about-us/work-at-foundation-center/job-openings
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.