Research shows that youth sports participation leads to improvements in physical health, educational achievement and emotional well-being. Young people in underserved communities participate in sports at half the rate of their peers living in more resourced communities. Many opportunities to play quality, organized sports with a trained coach simply do not exist in most under resourced communities.
Coaching Corps is dedicated to increasing these opportunities for all kids, regardless of circumstance. We do this by providing afterschool programs with a workforce of volunteer coaches trained in using sports to provide kids with the building blocks for healthy development. Our coach training and support equips coaches with the knowledge and skills they need to coach young people who live in underserved communities and face a unique set of challenges. Coaching Corps currently operates across the country and has an ambitious goal to coach 65,000 kids annually.
Working as the Database & Technology Manager (DTM), you will focus on making the dreams of the departments we support into a reality, through Salesforce system administration, technology implementation, and project management.
The ideal candidate has exceptional customer service skills, an eagle’s eye for detail, and knows how to thrive in fast-paced and ultra-collaborative team environment. In summary, this role is responsible for making sure that essential technology activities and projects happen seamlessly, effectively, and successfully.
The Database & Technology Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Process Innovation and Efficiency – Responsible for thoroughly understanding our operations to make recommendations for improving user experiences and optimizing business processes across all departments.
- Project Scope and Management – Collaborate with our departments to solve pain points, expand system capabilities, and improve user experience. Success in this role will be dependent on the DTM’s ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders to successfully scope projects and meet deliverables in a timely manner.
- Salesforce Database Administration – Perform day-to-day maintenance including, but not limited to, duplicate record management, report/dashboard configuration, supporting new and existing users.
- Vendor Management – Manage and work with our external developers to build new system features in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Documentation – Document system configuration and administrative processes to ensure that system information is up-to-date, accurate, and easily accessible.
- Training – Ensure that both internal and external users have the training and tools needed to succeed.
- System Updates – Keep abreast of all platform releases, features and best practices. Make recommendations regarding implementation as appropriate.
- General operations support – Assist with department projects as needed.
- Experience: 2-5 years as a Salesforce administrator. Salesforce Administrator certified is a plus.
- Tech: Ability to learn new software and tools in an efficient manner. Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite. (Must love using Excel)
- Adaptability: Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while consistently meeting deadlines and balancing competing priorities.
- Organization: Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Self-Driven & Collaborative: Maintains high level of productivity and is a self-directed problem-solver. Works well independently and as a part of a team.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate technical processes both in writing and verbally to a non-technical audience.
- Time management: Skilled at managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail: Accuracy and completeness are essential.
Compensation dependent on experience.
Coaching Corps is proud of its family-friendly, healthy, and engaging work environment. Coaching Corps offers highly competitive salaries and benefits.
Coaching Corps is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of its staff, partners and constituents. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a PDF of your resume and cover letter to Gladys Garcia, Director of Operations. Direct your email to email@example.com with “Database & Technology Manager” in the subject heading. In your cover letter describe a situation where you encountered a road-block while working on a project, and what you did to move forward.