BRC is among the most comprehensive, effective, and fastest growing agencies in NYC serving homeless New Yorkers. With a $77 million budget and over 800 employees, BRC has 27 programs throughout the New York City area that work together to form a seamless continuum of caring and effective services to meet all of a client's needs. We employ a holistic approach, helping clients achieve health, wellness, and economic self-sufficiency, offering an array of housing and services for more than 10,000 of New York's neediest residents. BRC has an entrepreneurial culture with a track record of innovation.
BRC is highly successful and has been recognized for it, most recently as a winner of the NY Community Trust's Nonprofit Excellence Award and as a national finalist for the Drucker Prize for innovative management. Staff at BRC works together collaboratively to address some of the greatest social challenges of our City and does so using a compassionate and respectful approach. In our most recent survey, 95% of our employees said they would recommend BRC as a good place to work. For more information about BRC, please see our website at BRC.org
Reporting to the VP Program Budgets and Contracts, the primary responsibility of the Contracts Administrator is toensure that BRC meets the fiscal, programmatic and administrative requirements of its contracts with the federal, state and local governments as well as with corporate, foundation and other grants that BRC receives. Specifically, the Contracts Administrator will:
- Manage the contract billing process and review billings prepared by Contract Analysts. Prepare contract billings as needed.
- Facilitate the development and submission of reports in accordance with grantor guidelines, i.e., grant renewals, technical submissions, Annual Progress Reports, Consolidated Budget Reports, annual reviews, etc.
- Prepare requests for payment from funding sources and drawdown of funds;
- Advise and monitor fiscal and regulatory aspects of grants and contracts related to BRC's programmatic initiatives, including review and preparation of budget modifications and assistance with monitoring visits/audits.
- Interface with program staff, and assist in the development and/or provision of contract management related trainings to facilitate staff development and increase compliance;
- Maintain control of all original contracts with federal, state and local governments and other agencies
- Assist with the preparation of proposals in response to RFPs and other funding opportunities;
- Assist in the month-end / year-end GL close process; including posting adjustments and reconciling accounts
- Maintain budgets in accounting systems and assist in financial reporting and analysis as needed.
- Prepare grant-related and other required schedules and work with auditors;
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required. (Accounting or Public Administration strongly preferred), MPA preferred.
- Significant experience with government contracts reporting and budgeting required. Minimum of 5 years preferred.
- Good organization and communication skills are critical to success in this position Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities are essential. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Excel beyond a basic skill set required. Ability to learn new technologies/software and experience with NYS CFRS software a plus.
How to Apply
Please send resume to LLuna@brc.org