This role will be located in MHP Salud's Weslaco, Texas or Ypsilanti, Michigan office (preferred). MHP Salud's offices in Tampa/Orlando/Sarasota, Florida or Tri-cities, Washington will also be considered.
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker (CHW) programs, as well as provides support services to other agencies who wish to start-up or strengthen their own CHW programs, is currently seeking a Program Director, Grade 1. As a member of the Capacity-Building Assistance (CBA) Team, this position will be instrumental in advancing the organization’s strategy of promoting the CHW profession within the Federally-Qualified Health Center (FQHC) safety net. The Program Director will travel across the country to provide high-quality training on the CHW model, develop a wide variety of training and technical assistance resources and materials, and work with the Marketing team to ensure the CHW model and CBA resources are being effectively promoted across social media outlets. The Program Director will also oversee direct service CHW programs as needed.
Full job description available at https://mhpsalud.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CBA-PD1-Job-Description-2017-Final-2.pdf
Director of Capacity Building Assistance
Capacity Building Assistance
- Promotes the Community Health Worker Program model to federally funded health care providers and other organizations serving targeted underserved populations.
- Provides technical assistance on grants and fundraising, budget management, program implementation, health education and program evaluation to organizations with Community Health Worker programs.
- Represents the organization at state and national conferences regarding, but not limited to, CHW model and safety net health care, including presenting sessions or workshops.
- In concert with other CBA team members, develops a wide variety of training materials and technical assistance resources.
- Coordinates with Marketing team to ensure MHP Capacity Building Assistance services are being highlighted regularly on social media.
- Coordinates with Grant Writer and Evaluation team as needed to ensure CBA services are being communicated throughout the organization.
- Develops and sustains communication networks and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in the migrant health and FQHC arenas.
- Acts as liaison for the organization with various community and public agencies. Attends meetings which involve program or appoints appropriate designees.
- Assists in ongoing curriculum review and development.
- Participates in the development of new programs and innovative program delivery approaches.
Direct Service Program Management (as assigned)
- Directs all activities and programs that fall under the auspices of program, including personnel, facility and program issues to insure quality of programming.
- Recruits, hires and provides orientation and evaluation of full time, part time, and temporary staff, interns, and volunteers either directly or through oversight of activity.
- Effectively and proactively uses technology and assists staff as needed in program for optimal use of technology.
- Administers program budgets. Sets priorities for and directs development of department budgets. Monitors and controls budgets in accordance with organizational, funder, state and federal guidelines.
- Interacts with funders in a professional and proactive manner in programmatic and budgetary matters.
- Leads and/or assists in the writing of grant proposals.
- Writes narrative reports and performs program and data analysis as needed. Monitors, guides, and implements strategic plan and performance outcomes of the grant to ensure program compliance.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to carry out duties and functions of organization across sites, programs, and functions.
- Ensures effective communication between program and other areas of the organization, as well as between organization, funders, partners, and other key external actors.
- Actively and proactively problem solves as needed, encourage problem solving and innovation within program, site, and organization.
- Participates as a member of various teams as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful applicant will have a Bachelor degree in public health, public administration, public policy or related field with 2-5 years’ experience in community health/healthcare required.
- Master’s degree in public health preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish and English required.
- Bicultural experience required.
- Up to 35% travel required.
Salary Range: $53,001 - $60,000 DOQ.
How to Apply
To review the full job description and details, please visit MHP Salud’s website at mhpsalud.org.
Applications can be completed online at mhpsalud.org and should include the following components:
- Completed MHP Salud Job Application from website: http://mhpsalud.org/get-involved/job-postings/
- Cover letter addressing required qualifications of position
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
Official transcripts will be required before hire.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered.
Review of materials begins July 5, 2017 and continues until the position is filled.