Lutheran World Relief (LWR) seeks a Digital Marketing/Fundraising Manager. The Digital Marketing/Fundraising Manager (DM/FM) is responsible for managing and implementing digital campaigns for fundraising, donor engagement, new donor acquisition and donor retention in order to expand and diversify the base of support and increase the level of giving. This position develops, manages, and implements digital fundraising initiatives including e-appeals, online advertising, social media, and mobile, as well as optimizing fundraising through LWR’s website.
The ideal candidate will have experience with multichannel fundraising strategies and execution, including a knowledge of and passion for fundraising through social media, email marketing, and the web. As a member of the Marketing & Creative Services unit, the Digital Marketing/Fundraising Manager will work as part of the Interactive Team, ensuring fundraising efforts are fully integrated into broader digital marketing initiatives. The DM/FM will also provide support for LWR’s WordPress-hosted website(s) and will serve as “deputy” to the Associate Director of Interactive Marketing, providing overall interactive leadership and technical support when the Associate Director is unavailable.
- Lead strategy and execution of LWR’s digital campaigns for fundraising, donor engagement and new donor acquisition. Work with the Philanthropic Engagement Unit to ensure digital fundraising aligns with other multichannel fundraising targets and strategies.
- Provide support to LWR’s interactive marketing program as “deputy” to the Associate Director in the supervisor’s absence. This includes support on Wordpress-based website, planning and execution of interactive marketing campaigns and digital video projects.
- Play key role in LWR’s social media presence and digital marketing strategy with the unit and the department’s multichannel marketing & fundraising strategies and initiatives. Engage and build social networks and e-mail lists to build strong relationships with donors & promote campaigns.
- Develop, manage and implement digital advertising initiatives that build LWR’s brand and drive action.
- Evaluate effectiveness of ongoing digital marketing and fundraising campaigns and use insights for continual improvement.
- Manage a wide variety of projects & tasks from multiple internal stakeholders, negotiate priorities under the broad guidance of the Associate Director of Marketing and Creative Services; communicate priorities and deadlines to internal stakeholders.
- Identify new fundraising channels (such as crowdfunding and/or peer-to-peer) and suggest strategies that harness these established and emergent marketing opportunities.
- Engagement in ongoing professional development.
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- An undergraduate degree in Nonprofit Management, Fundraising, Business, New Media, Marketing, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in online fundraising and marketing.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills combined with an ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize demands.
- Proven experience in using HTML, content management systems (e.g. WordPress), email systems (e.g. MailChimp) and relationship management software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge).
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including various writing styles for fundraising, blogging and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to get work done through others, including members of the interactive team and employee and ambassador “volunteers.”
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in engaging online audiences.
- Good working knowledge of online advertising tools (e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook Ads).
- Understanding of A/B testing, analytics tools, and the ability to turn metrics into actionable insights, including experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Raiser’s Edge reports and other tools.
- Ability to create and edit basic images in the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop or Illustrator).
- Experience with US Government agencies or International NGOs a plus.