American Museum Of Natural History
Administrative Associate, Institutional Advancement
The Administrative Associate will provide support to the office of the Senior Vice-President (SVP), mainly as a runner for items requiring immediate circulation inside and outside of the Museum, but also as an interim executive assistant to the SVP providing office coverage as needed (screening and answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and appointments, etc.)
This position also provides a range of administrative and clerical support to both the Special Assistant to the SVP and to the Executive Assistant (EA) including printing, photocopying, keeping up electronic and hard copy filing systems, creating new documents as needed, and keeping select core documents up to date. When needed, this position also provides clerical and administrative support to the Sr. Director of Administration and Budget.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Screen telephone calls and emails
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Ensure that the SVP keeps on schedule
- Distribute incoming and outgoing memos and documents
- Respond to incoming and outgoing requests and direct as appropriate
- Maintain and update large contacts database
- Perform opening and closing routine for the SVP's office
- Greet guests and guide them to their destinations
- Coordinate with various support services for meetings (conference room set up, A/V set up, oversee catering, manage logistics of guest arrival, etc.)
- Process Requisitions and Petty Cash forms
- Provide coverage when the Museum offices are closed but the SVP office is open
- Set up and maintain comprehensive electronic and hard copy filing system for core meeting documents, presentations, and talking points
- Create agendas and maintain to-do lists for key internal staff meetings
- Carry out research tasks as needed.
- Contact and supervise office maintenance by facilities, custodial, locksmith, exterminator, electricians, etc.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1029691
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.