Growald Family Fund is a high-impact, innovative non-profit venture philanthropy with a focus on climate change, particularly the transformation of the electricity sector in key global markets. Similar to investors building a venture capital portfolio, we invest our grants in a portfolio of organizations poised to create an outsized impact on carbon emissions and climate change. We work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, recognizing the inter-linkages between climate and other social issues. Our unique approach of venture philanthropy, furthering the field and network leadership offers the opportunity to join a highly dynamic, diverse, innovative and impactful team.
Growald Family Fund is seeking a to add a Program Associate as a key new team member, supporting the implementation of our ambitious and innovative programs. The Program Associate will support key program activities such as grants management, impact evaluation and communications; manage furthering the field and administrative responsibilities including but not limited to events planning. The position will report to the Program Manager and work closely with both the Program Manager and Executive Director to build and support implementation of optimal strategies that will help to maximize Growald Family Fund’s impact. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills, a passion for climate change and social issues, and will thrive in a focused and quiet small office environment. This is a unique opportunity to join the philanthropic sector, and we seek candidates who are eager to learn and build a career in the field. We seek an individual who is passionate, focused, and brings their unique perspective to our diverse team. Growald Family Fund is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates for this search.
Program Manager and Executive Director
- Support key processes and programs including:
- grants management
- impact reporting
- research projects pertaining to the Fund’s program and emerging strategies.
- Support grantees on an as needed basis in key areas such as proposal development, grant reporting, networking.
- Manage the Fund’s website and social media/digital strategy.
- Develop and design Power Point presentation slides and other materials.
- Conduct research and interviews to develop and write compelling articles/stories on various nonprofit management topics, grant impacts and event highlights for blog posts and other publications.
- Seek and secure speaking opportunities for team members at conferences and/or university events.
Events Planning and Administration
- Lead events planning including but not limited to managing invitations, securing venue, accommodation and catering. Supporting the development of documents to be shared with participants such as agenda and logistical details.
- Lead knowledge management practice for organization and network
- Administrative duties, including meeting scheduling and travel support.
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters preferred, with major in a relevant discipline such as environmental studies, environmental sciences, non-profit management or public administration.
- 2-5 years of experience, including nonprofit experience.
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the Growald Family Fund and interest in reducing climate change impact, as well as an understanding and appreciation of intersectionality between climate change and other social issues.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Google Drive.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly writing and graphic presentation skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills , including demonstrated ability to collect and summarize complex material into written documents and/or presentations.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness and interest to learn; demonstrated experience in showing initiative, demonstrated ability to work well independently with potential to thrive in a small, focused and quiet office environment.
- Experience working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Employees are rewarded with a competitive benefit packages which include:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Medical and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Transportation subsidy
- Professional growth and development opportunities
How to Apply
Desired start month is July 2017 with flexible start date. This position will remain open until filled. Please visit https://growaldfamilyfund.org/program-associate.html to apply.