The Coordinator of Program Enhancement Conferences for Champions Clubs will work with the Champion Club management team to help define, create, design, and schedule program enhancement opportunities within Champion Programs. The Coordinator will help assure compliance with funders, the Department of Education and the Department of Health. The Coordinator will be dedicated to creating a supportive environment that provides access to on-going program enhancement opportunities for Champion Programs; monthly professional development, line staff training, Boot Camp, Mini Boot Camp, Management Retreat, Management PD's, etc. The incumbent will also be well equipped with the tools and resources to ensure that SASF Program Directors/Program Field Staff are fully equipped to provide the highest quality of programming deliverables to students.
The coordinator will take "Lead" in supporting all SASF Program Directors/Field Staff and ensuring they have all the tools and resources to meet all funder, DOH, State and Federal requirements for the positions they hold. This person is a key resource and coach for SASF Program Directors/Line Staff. The coordinator will collaborate with SASF Program Directors/Field Staff/Management for continued success.With support from Sr. Management, this coordinator will review and assess in-house practices, procedures and protocols relating to SASF Program implementation and process that affect quality. The Coordinator will make recommendations on refinements and other upgrades appropriate to meet needs. The Coordinator will lead the planning, execution and sometimes directly conducts in-house trainings; and may contract (with approval) external vendors (where needed and as necessary). This position works in collaboration with SASF Human Resource Training and Development.
- Organize, schedule, book locations, and handle all logistics for department events.
- Maintain data and statistics related to program attendee information and individual needs.
- Review program resources to ensure that learning and program resources exist or are developed to support learning needs.
- Ability to develop resources that support learning and development.
- Support program development goals of Champions Programs
- Within the scope of utilizing available resources, plan, direct, deliver, and assess program delivery and program compliance training for all program staff.
- Work with the DD and CPO to determine core competencies required for key positions in programs and identify specific resources to ensure skills and mastery within those competencies.
- Work with Program Management, SASF Program Directors and Program Field Staff to develop and implement program development opportunities. Collaborate with SASF Human Resource Training to ensure alignment with overall staff training and professional development.
- Identify and implement standardized timelines, orientation, and other learning and developmental activities required for the delivery of high quality programming.
- Collaborate with other Program Departments (Sports, Arts, Academics) and Human Resource Training and Development on training of specific curricula, identifying consultants, reenergize SASF's Boot Camp, PEC's and common core learning standards.
- Build and maintain a library of resources that address frequently needed and/or required competencies to promote high quality program delivery.
- Schedule program resource opportunities, coaching, training, technical assistance opportunities to teachers / staff (K-12) to promote engaging instruction, classroom and behavior management, positive youth development, staff supervision and mentoring.
- Utilize internal organizational knowledge base and internal resources to offer scheduling of internal training, education and program development opportunities.
- Design, schedule and lead program-wide learning and program enhancement opportunities for Champions Staff.
- Utilize SASF Human Resource training resources to assess, organize and offer training and development.
- Collaborate with SASF Sr. Program Managements team to discuss instructional trends and program development needs.
- Demonstrate a sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students.
- Work with Management and Human Resources in developing annual development plans for Champions Club staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge through direct experience of learning concepts, training and development methods and techniques.
- Two years of employment in a field relevant to the duties of the position such as the fields of training, education, or development.
- Ability to perform and interpret needs analyses, and translates the findings into actionable next steps.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning process and differentiated instructional design techniques.
- Strong planning, project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across program department lines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a self-directed leader of multiple initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations relating to DOH and Funder mandated compliance training for after-school programs is desirable.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
SASF is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Disclaimer : The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
How to Apply
Job Posting Name: "Program Training Coordinator - Part-Time"