The Director of Procurement will be responsible for leading efforts to create a centralized purchasing function within the organization. This includes assessment and determination of the most cost-effective sourcing strategies, identifying and implementing a centralized purchase order system, developing purchase order processes and procedures, and integrating it in to our financial system.
- Develop, communicate, and manage purchasing policies, procedures and processes for the organization.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve financial goals, drive performance and business results.
- Examine and evaluate vendor relationships, drive RFI and RFP processes and handle vendor contract negotiations to drive the most optimal cost-effective solutions.
- Drive risk management with regard to supply contracts and agreements.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to clarify organization needs.
- Streamline and improve overall purchasing while maintaining cost controls and creating cost-effective use of resources.
- Monitor and audit purchasing activities to ensure compliance and adherence to best practices.
- Monitor and publish monthly metrics and inventory reporting/tracking.
- Lead, manage and develop purchasing team.
- Superior knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques.
- Technology-savvy and familiarity with purchasing software solutions.
- Strong negotiation abilities.
- Professional self-starter with a proven track record of developing and executing change in a complex environment.
- Skilled leadership capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to strategize, prioritize and execute.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Passion for sports (especially running) a plus!
- 10+ years of purchasing, procurement, and finance management experience with superior analytical skills and business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree required.
How to Apply
Please apply online and submit your resume and cover letter: https://cw.na1.hgncloud.com/nyrr/loadJobPostingDetails.do?jobPostingID=102954&source=jobList
Thank you for your interest in NYRR!