The Family Solutions Center (FSC) Navigator is responsible for completing initial assessment of homeless families in the East San Fernando Valley (SPA 2) region, identified through outreach, walk-ins, as well as referrals from outside agencies. Through the assessment, the FSC Navigator will be responsible for crisis response and intervention, interim housing placement, and linking families with the appropriate destination for continued services. Will also provide assistance and support to obtain permanent housing via the development of a housing plan and implementation via extensive coordination with various SPA 2 CES components to facilitate optimum outcomes for families and individuals moving into permanent housing.
Case Management Supervisor
- Conducts the initial VI-SPDAT assessment with homeless families.
- Schedules families with onsite DPSS, DMH, and/or DPH liaison(s) to have an assessment completed for eligibility of CALWorks benefits, mental health, or substance abuse services.
- Stays connected with the families to ensure all appointments and linkages are completed.
- Ensures clients have the necessary items to secure housing (e.g. valid identification, income verification, bank statements).
- Conducts initial housing intake and assessment for each family accessing services and evaluates housing needs, history and support needs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a housing plan for each family.
- Diverts and/or schedules families with the appropriate services. This could be with partner agencies for a shelter/motel bed or with the FSC Housing Case Management team.
- Coordinates with Housing Location Team to match the family with community housing resources.
- Provides information and instruction to clients on completing a housing application and housing search, and knowing tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Consistently meets all agency assigned outcome goals with respect to number of families served and placed in permanent housing.
- Attends SPA 2 monthly Case Conferencing, agency and community meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain Client Records
- Maintains accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and Ascencia guidelines;
- Maintains client related data systems, including case notes and HMIS entries;
- Conducts and maintains intake/enrollment documentation to meet set expectations.
- Prepares case management-related reports including but not limited to: outcomes and successes.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 2 years of non-profit or related experience preferred with strong client advocacy skills and adherence to strict boundaries and professional ethics in the care of others;
- Bachelor's Degree in social services;
- Demonstrated knowledge of housing search skills including housing location, filling out housing applications, and the lease-up process;
- Ability to teach housing search skills to participants in individual or group setting;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and at least one database application; Must be able to perform HMIS data entry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when working independently or with the team;
- Experience in a social services setting with working knowledge of case management systems and planning techniques;
- Experience working with homeless individuals and families a plus;
- Bilingual: Spanish/English preferred;
- Must have own transportation to conduct job related travel and must be able to drive agency vehicles;
- Must meet insurance carrier's requirements for approval to drive.
$20.00 per hour
How to Apply
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO jobs@ascenciaCA.org.
Please indicate "FSC Navigator" in the subject line.