Work for a dynamic charitable foundation in the heart of Lincoln Park whose national programs teach youth lifelong skills, inspire the pursuit of knowledge, serve veterans, and transform local communities into healthier and safer places to live.
The Elks National Foundation has an opening for a Programs Assistant in the Scholarships Department at its headquarters in Chicago.
The Programs Assistant is responsible for volunteer management, scholar compliance and program promotion. This is a great opportunity to help students realize their academic dreams, while honing volunteer management and database skills.
Assistant Director, Foundation
The primary Programs Assistant duties involve the following:
- Act as frontline to Lodge volunteers and scholars by fielding phone and email inquiries.
- Coordinate all aspects of the four ENF scholarship programs, including processing verification of enrollment forms, issuing scholarship checks and monitoring scholar compliance.
- Assist with telling scholar stories through a variety of media, including social media channels, the website, electronic and print newsletters, and print publications and fact sheets.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have a Bachelor's degree and one or more years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate strong organization, writing and communication skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Access, and social media platforms. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Be a self-starter with excellent follow through.
- Work independently on multiple projects as well as in a team environment.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines.
Based on experience. Mid-$30K to mid-$40K
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration. Candidates must upload a single document that includes a cover letter and resume. Accepted file formats are: .doc, .docx, .rtf, and .pdf. Candidates should also follow the Elks National Foundation on our social medial accounts. The application process includes completing a pre-employment test. Please allow approximately 20 minutes of time when applying.
Apply here: https://www.elks.org/who/careers.cfm
No phone calls, please.