Leading non-profit, performing arts center seeks a creative, dynamic, and highly motivated Director of Development to develop, implement, and lead all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program that currently raises approximately $3MM.
The Director of Development oversees all fundraising efforts and works in partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to help drive strategic advancement of the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is part of the organization's senior leadership team, and serves as an important representative with key stakeholders, patrons, and the greater community.
Employing a multi-channel approach and overseeing an expanding department, the Director will drive the growth of existing fundraising initiatives and will develop innovative strategies for the identification, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of individual and institutional donors.
- Crafting, articulating, and successfully executing both strategic and tactical annual fundraising initiatives across all donor categories
- Deepening and expanding existing donor relationships while building a pipeline of potential donors
- Playing a pivotal leadership role in strengthening the organization's fundraising capacity
- Managing the annual fundraising budgeting process, and tracking and assessing ongoing performance of the department against budgeted numbers
- Working in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Communications to create inspiring and unique fundraising initiatives that resonate with key stakeholders
- Passionately conveying the organization's programs, mission, and values through strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Supervising all proposals, providing necessary oversight and writing/editing support to ensure grant proposals and report submissions are timely, accurate, and compelling
- Developing an multi-dimensional events strategy, targeting varied constituencies and key stakeholders, with a primary focus on major donor cultivation
- Leading the execution of events, including marketing, collateral materials, event committees, donor acknowledgement, and post-event follow-up strategies
- Providing overall leadership to the Development team: motivating, inspiring, managing, and developing staff so they continue to be informed, committed to, and passionate about the organization's mission
- Utilizing a strengths-based approach to management, providing ongoing guidance and coaching to members of the team
- A proven history of successfully achieving and exceeding fundraising goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience working with high-profile board members, patrons, and artists
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, including mastery of best practices in engagement, cultivation, and stewardship
- A track record of success in managing staff, building teams, and collaborating with colleagues
- Ability to think strategically, then communicate and implement innovative ideas successfully across departments
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and independent but also be team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside
- Deep commitment to the arts
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to
Please include salary requirements when applying.