Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC ACCESS is seeking a temporary employee, to focus on the planning and implementation programs for young Jewish professionals in their 20's and 30's.
This position is for an immediate start until late-November, with the possibility of further extension through the end of the year. Hours flexible, but may include some evening/weekend event coverage.
The major functions of this role include working with the ACCESS Global Director and ACCESS Senior Associate to plan and implement ACCESS programming. S/he must have experience managing large and small events, strong oral and written communications skills, a capacity to comfortably relate to a wide variety of people, a positive attitude, and a disposition for managing details and data. We are looking for a well-organized proactive self-starter who can manage multiple projects and their attending details simultaneously while keeping larger timelines and deadlines in mind and on track for the department.
The ACCESS Coordinator does all of this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help track, organize and keep our team on task for the many logistical requirements for ACCESS events such as maintaining accurate budgets, researching and organizing key pieces of itineraries for domestic and international travel missions such as travel, hotel, catering, contracts etc.
- Provide a professional and friendly presence to our lay leaders and participants in preparation for our programming, helping troubleshoot challenges etc.– providing great customer service.
- Assist in preparing relevant donor reports, and making appropriate grant reports for ACCESS program funding.
- Handle administrative responsibilities such as writing meeting summaries, note-taking, drafting meeting minutes and other tasks as assigned by Director.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 3+ years of work experience with time spent in the Jewish communal field preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; familiarity and experience with written reports within a business context.
- Experience planning, managing and executing projects, programs and events both large and small
- Self-starter who can take initiative while collaborating with others across the organization and beyond
- Ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing staff professionals or interns/volunteers preferred
- Willingness to attend some meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Strong competency with common computer programs including Microsoft Office, Excel and internet research are necessary, knowledge of Raiser's Edge a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/access-coordinator-parttime-temp-nyc-2017/