The Stuart Foundation is a private family foundation based in San Francisco and is dedicated to improving life outcomes for young people through education. We work to ensure that education systems in California and Washington provide opportunities for students to learn, achieve and thrive.
Our guiding principle, or North Star, is an education system that values the whole child by strengthening the relationships between students, educators, families and communities. We seek to create systems that strengthen the full spectrum of a child’s experiences from the classroom to the playground to the kitchen table.
As a result, children will have greater opportunities to be self-reliant, succeed in education and careers, and engage meaningfully in their communities.
The Foundation has an asset base of $475 million, a staff of 22, and makes charitable expenditures of approximately $20 million per year for the benefit of children and youth in the states of California and Washington.
This position plays a central role in providing administrative and workflow management support to the Foundation’s program team. This includes communicating with applicants and grantees. The Program Associate reports to the Chief of Programs.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who also thrives in a team environment.
Chief of Programs
Program Coordination and Support
- Provides project management in order to keep the Chief of Programs informed of the status of grantmaking and other activities. Creates workflow schedules and monitors progress.
- Coordinates and provides logistical and operational support for program meetings and grantee convenings, in the office and off-site.
- Maintains close connections with the President’s executive assistant and other functions in order to facilitate communications and decision-making.
- Assists in preparing the documents and developing handouts/appendices/charts for quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Communicates with applicants and grantees regarding the application and grantmaking process; regularly communicates with staff from other foundations.
- Maintains familiarity with grantees and the Foundation’s database in order to respond to inquiries and produce written reports.
- Manages the calendar and meeting schedule of the Chief of Programs and prepares expense reports.
- Contributes as a member of the convening team by assisting with the coordination of all special events and meetings hosted by the Foundation.
- Undertakes special projects as requested.
- At least three years of experience in an administrative or program support position.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workflow and meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Flexibility, a “can do” problem-solving orientation, and willingness to assist others as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with databases and/or Salesforce, and interest in technology is desirable.
- Interest in the field of education is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience are required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume to David Barlow, Chief Financial Officer, at:
NO CALLS PLEASE
The position is now open. Review of applications will begin with résumés received by August 21, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
The Stuart Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Foundation policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.