Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Safe Horizon is the nation's largest victims' assistance organization. Safe Horizon's Criminal and Supreme Court Programs are community partners in New York City's Family Justice Centers, a collaborative project with the Mayor's Office to Combat Domestic Violence, community based organizations, the District Attorney's Office, and other agencies in order to provide comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and their families. Safe Horizon staff provides information and referrals, assistance navigating the legal system, court orientation and advocacy with the District Attorney's Office as well as Judges, the Police Department and other organizations on behalf of the client.
Essential Job Functions:
The Case Manager will greet clients who access the Family Justice Center. The Case Manager responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Coordinate and manage client flow and information;
- Asssess clients' safety and needs;
- Determine if clients are appropriate for the Family Justice Center's services and make referrals as necessary;
- Assist in determining next steps for clients' visit to the Family Justice Center
- Answer telephones and respond to service inquiries;
- Provide information, referrals and advocacy on the phone and in person;
- Link the client to on and off site partners;
- Document client interactions and compile statistics on a monthly basis;
- Attend relevant trainings, workshops and seminars;
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with other service providers and;
- Train as back-up screener
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employmentAmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Required skills: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Candidates should be assertive, well organized, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to think critically and address crisis situations as they arise; knowledge of Microsoft windows and computer savvy; experience working with victims of domestic violence or other crime victims preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Full Time
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00 35 hours/week