OneJustice is a nonprofit legal organization that brings life-changing legal help to those in need by transforming the civil legal aid system. We have three core program areas: (1) Healthy Nonprofits, which ensures legal services nonprofits have the business and management skills needed to survive and thrive; (2) Pro Bono Justice, which expands legal services for Californians in need by developing and staffing innovative and effective pro bono projects with law schools, firms, and businesses around the state; and (3) Californians for Legal Aid, which advocates for California legal services nonprofits on federal policy and funding issues. More information about OneJustice is available at www.OneJustice.org.
OneJustice is seeking a Grants and Finance Coordinator to provide support to the program and finance functions. OneJustice has an annual budget of approximately $3 million and consists equally of grants, earned income, and charitable giving, with a growing grants portfolio. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to work closely with the external financial services firm as well as program staff and the management team. The Coordinator will have the chance to develop their career within the accounting and program administration fields while working with a supportive team and utilizing their past experience to build out this brand new position for the organization. This position is an excellent match for a candidate who is passionate about social justice and has experience with the financial administration of grants and contracts. The Coordinator is located in the San Francisco office and reports to the Human Resources and Operations Senior Manager, and works closely with the CEO on grants administration and the external accounting team.
Grants Administration, including Government funding sources (60%)
- Grants Committee: Staff, convene and support the Grants Committee (senior program staff responsible for program deliverables)
- Program Deliverables: Track program deliverables for grants and generate quarterly reports; support program leadership in tracking and stewarding future deliverables
- Grant Reporting: Track all grant reporting (including financial); work with accounting team to ensure the timely creation and submission of all financial reports; work with program teams to ensure the timely creation and submission of all programmatic reports
- Fundraising: Support CEO and external grantwriter in the research and generation of new grants
- System Maintenance: Support senior program staff by maintaining all hard copy and electronic filing systems of grants and government funding sources; support grant and government revenue tracking and projections
- Restricted Grants: Work closely with the accounting team on the correct recording and monthly reporting of restricted grants and release from restrictions
- Other: All other grant administration tasks as needed
Contracts Administration, including Accounts Receivable (10%)
- Invoices: Generate invoices for program staff and track payments of invoices
- System Maintenance: Support program staff by maintaining all hard copy and electronic filing systems for all fee-for-service and contract documents; work closely with the accounting team on the correct processing and recording of all earned income
- Revenue Projection: Support all contract revenue tracking and projections
- Administration: support the management team by maintaining system for Contract required dates, certifications, etc.
Finance Support and Bookkeeping (30%)
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the external accountants regarding monthly reconciliations and other accounting processes
- Support OneJustice’s annual audit and funder audits, including working with the external accountants on document preparation and providing onsite assistance to the auditors
- File all accounting-related hard copy documents, including grants and contracts
- Maintain cloud-based financial systems to ensure they are operating properly and reflect current codes, names, etc.
- Other accounting support as needed
- Ensure entry of all income and expense on a timely basis either via direct entry or via correct importing of cloud-based data
- Prepare and make weekly deposits
- Handle accounts payable, and pay all bills, including staff reimbursements, utilizing cloud-based systems
- Maintain systems of entry for company credit cards, and tracking of all receipts
- Entry of payroll and workers compensation premiums (including class entries based on timesheets)
- OneJustice will provide training for all accounting support tasks
- At least two years of cumulative direct or indirect applicable experience with the financial administration of grants and contracts
- BA/BS or Associate’s Degree (or at least 2 years of relevant work experience)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- An affinity for improving processes, creating efficient systems, and institutionalizing knowledge
- Familiarity with Google products, Microsoft Word, Excel, and ability to learn new online systems
- Previous experience with nonprofit bookkeeping, AP/AR processing, QuickBooks or other accounting software a plus
- Starting salary for a Coordinator position with at least 2 years of experience is $43,500, with increases possible for each year of prior directly relevant professional experience, as dictated by the OneJustice salary scale
- Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays - including a full week off during the winter holidays)
- OneJustice also offers a flexible spending account for qualified health and commute expenditures
- A supportive, team-based environment that allows you to take an early lead on projects
- Training for all accounting support tasks
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://onejustice.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The start date will be as soon as possible. In the online system listed above, be prepared to submit the following information: 1) a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position that describes relevant work and volunteer experience; 2) your resume; 3) three references; and 4) a response to the following question:
OneJustice serves highly diverse communities. To ensure that we are best positioned to serve these communities, we strive to promote an evolving set of behaviors, attitudes and policies that enable us to work effectively in cross-cultural situations with clients, with our coworkers, and with our communities. We seek to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. How have your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural competency and diversity? Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.
To promote social justice and best serve our various communities, OneJustice is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and providing culturally competent services. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups, as well as bilingual and bicultural candidates, to apply.