The Development Associate will join a small, well-focused Development Team raising unrestricted and strategic funds from individuals and foundations while increasing the visibility of IPA among donor prospects. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Associate will work closely with other members of the Development team as well as across departments including Policy and Communications, Finance, Legal, and the Executive team.
- Provide high-quality, courteous, and rapid customer service for prospects and donors
- Assist in the organization and production of cultivation events and special meetings, including coordinating logistics, sending invitations, and managing RSVP lists.
- Provide support to the Development and Executive teams with travel arrangements, scheduling donor meetings, preparing materials for board meetings, and special projects.
- Coordinate donor recognition (i.e., ensure gift receipts are sent in a timely manner, provide support to senior staff for personal acknowledgments). Draft acknowledgment letters and other donor correspondence as needed. Support the distribution of Annual Report, Year-End Appeal, and other communications to donors (digital and postal).
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and donor tracking by performing data entry and updates in Salesforce for donors, fundraising events, and solicitations including contact information, gift amounts, biographical information, pertinent correspondence, planned meetings, etc.
- Assist with various aspects of proposal development as required (e.g., organizing supporting documents, coordinating due dates and timelines, sending paperwork via express delivery).
- Assist with administration of routine tasks related to online donation processing.
- Execute department administrative tasks including processing invoices and payment requests, processing mail, logging checks received.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree required. Interest in international development preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills and fastidious attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to “manage up.”
- Solid computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook or Gmail).
- Experience with relational donor/customer databases preferred. Experience with Salesforce and/or data analysis a plus.
- Experience in donor relations or customer service a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service to internal and external clients.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work independently, and carry out assignments to completion.
How to Apply
To apply click here. All Interested qualified applicants should submit their résumé and cover letter via our online portal, and applications without both will be considered incomplete. We ask that you include your office location preference (New Haven or NYC) and an example of a project that you worked on that you are proud of in your cover letter.”