We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The position of Director, Business Development is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining a diverse, talented, professional and motivated team.
You will provide leadership for the development of high quality grant proposals for government agencies, multilateral and bilateral institutions, and major foundations to support CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Programs & Volunteers. This position will work in a highly collaborative cross-team environment across departments, technical staff, and country offices. You will support evaluations of major grants to ensure cross-organizational learning, improved knowledge management and the institutionalization of best practices. You will have direct reports and will ensure grant proposals are fully compliant, efficiently supported, technically clear and accurate, and adhere to CMMB’s style and global strategy. You will need to be able to effectively build and manage relationships with partner and donor agencies, and other internal and external stakeholders, including integration with our CHAMPS model and in support of the building of public-private partnerships. This role is expected to lead strategically and be willing to engage in operational activities.
Senior Vice President, Programs and Volunteers
- Lead the development of high-quality and innovative program proposal for award opportunities from government agencies, multilateral and bilateral institutions, and major foundations.
- Manage the grant proposal team and consultants to submit successful bids.
- Team effectively with internal and external stakeholders to best position for success in achieving strategy.
- Research, analyze, develop, and track relationships with new and current prospects for proposals and produce reports, capability statements, agreements, etc. for their development and management.
- Lead, collaborate, and participate in the entire grant proposal process, including conceptualization, performing research, producing compelling content, making revisions, submission and follow-ups.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, testing new approaches and adopting best practice strategies.
- Lead and participate in proposal-related meetings, both in the US and at the country level as necessary.
- Lead CMMB’s business intelligence gathering and networking to pro-actively form or join consortia and partnerships which match our mission and strategy.
- Lead and manage employees in your area, ensuring clear goals and accountabilities are established and achieved. Ensure individuals’ performance and development needs are met and employees are high performing and engaged. Produce systematic performance indicator reporting to inform management as to progress, roadblocks, and other relevant performance details.
- Everything else that it takes to live out our mission and keep a good sense of humor.
- You have a master’s degree in a development-related subject.
- You have 8+ years of work experience in international NGOs, including business development roles that demonstrate the ability to perform these responsibilities and a proven track record in successful fundraising for projects with major USG international development agencies (e.g. USAID and CDC) and other international donors (e.g. European Union, DfID, World Bank, WHO, UNICEF).
- You have strong program development planning, writing and coordination skills and demonstrated experience in writing winning proposals in MCH, WASH/nutrition, and/or HIV/AIDS programs. You have experience working in Africa and/or in Latin America/Caribbean on development programs.
- Your business development experience has included pre-solicitation research and partnership formation; design, development and submission of complete and competitive proposal packages; and submission follow-up to ensure lessons learnt are carried forward to future submissions.
- You have direct experience remotely supporting proposal development teams, and have demonstrated abilities to undertake the analyses needed to highlight where CMMB has a comparative advantage in business opportunities and lead our subsequent response in a systematic way while thinking creatively in consortium formation and proposal design.
- You have a knack for building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders, and have experience working in a headquarters-based setting and collaborating closely with country offices.
- You’re a timely and effective communicator with superior presentation skills and proven skills building human resources and building the capacity of field-based staff.
- French and/or Spanish language skills are desirable, and you are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.