Greenpeace is the leading independent environmental organization that utilizes bold action, cutting-edge research and creative communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We investigate, document and expose environmental destruction in a peaceful manner and promote open, informed debate about society's environmental choices. To ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or governments. This means we are funded by the generous donations of our individual supporters. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.greenpeace.org
The Bi-Lingual Supporter Care Representative fields calls, emails, letters, and any other inquiries from donors and the public. The representative is also responsible for serving as a liaison with the campaigns, communications, and development department to ensure appropriate messaging, and that quality data is collected and inputted into the membership database. In addition, the representative will monitor public interest and response to Greenpeace and its campaigns and report back to the wider staff as appropriate.
- The Supporter Care Representative will be working with a team responsible for providing friendly, informed, and inspiring interactions with Greenpeace donors and the general public via telephone, email, and mail correspondence.
- Develop and maintain excellent supporter relations through a high level of customer service.
- Inspire donors to continue their financial support of our campaigns.
- Use database to research, assess and solve donor problems and concerns.
- Update donor records to reflect requested changes.
- Solicit further support for the organization (renewals, upgrades, etc.)
- Respond to questions and concerns regarding Greenpeace campaign activities and the organization.
- Sort, organize and respond appropriately to incoming correspondence (mail & e-mail) for Supporter Care Department.
- Create and utilize opportunities to recruit new members via phone, e-mail and regular mail.
- Track inquiries by subject matter, number and frequency.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all data entered in the membership database.
- Liaise with other departments regarding content of calls and administrative systems as appropriate.
- Make outbound calls to supporters and donors to provide good stewardship.
- Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the Supporter Care Manager.
- Excellent written and spoken Spanish language skills preferred
- Experience with all Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or formal structure.
- Previous experience with client relations and experience in HR systems and/or software project management are significant plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Ability to develop written correspondence in response to specific requests as well as to use good judgement in dealing with a wide variety of inquiries.
- Proven ability to recap information on complex issue into a simple format that can be understood by the general public.
- Proven experience in working with/responding to general public in a customer relations setting.
- Understanding of and experience with database systems.
- Knowledge of environmental issues or willingness to learn about issues relevant to the job.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this job, you must create a profile with us. If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application. Please send cover letter and resume to https://careers-greenpeace.icims.com/jobs/1113/bi-lingual-supporter-care-representative/login. Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in Greenpeace’s mission and the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line:Bilingual Supporter Care Representative Position – YOUR NAME. All fellowship applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Application deadline is September 29, 2017. No phone calls please.