Responsible for assisting the Associate VP of Public Affairs in public affairs and in managing development, programs and operations support for the Visit Baltimore Education and Training Foundation. Activities to include outreach, programs, events and meetings; and support and advocacy efforts.
Associate VP of Public Affairs
- Support AVP of Public Affairs in executing Visit Baltimore’s advocacy, outreach and legislative strategy including written and verbal communications, presentations, and bill testimony, etc. with City Council, Mayor’s Office and the Maryland General Assembly in Annapolis;
- In collaboration with VP of Finance and Administration and COO; support AVP of Public Affairs in drafting and presenting Visit Baltimore’s Outcome Budgeting applications and reporting with the City of Baltimore.
Development and Foundation
- Assist with promotion and administrative management of the Foundation’s scholarship and grant making programs;
- Devise mechanisms for evaluating the Foundation’s impact so as to make recommendations for future programming;
- Support AVP of Public Affairs in outreach to/communications with the Board, as well as with educational, civic, non-profit and other partner institutions to enhance the Foundation’s visibility and operations;
- Development and maintenance of the fundraising plan including donor communications and special fundraising event coordination;
- Lead Foundation administrative duties and database management;
- With AVP of Public Affairs, serve as a liaison for the Foundation with internal Visit Baltimore departments to identify opportunities for collaboration, including but not limited to Membership, Community Affairs and Marketing;
- Attend and support Foundation Board of Director meetings.
- Maintain databases of targeted neighborhood associations, non-profit and private organizations, including identification by council district for Visit Baltimore communications and engagement;
- Provide information to the Communications team to assist in publicizing efforts and programming;
- Respond to requests for amenities and/or (in-kind) donations from community and partner organizations, including tracing requests and fulfillments.
- With direction from the AVP of Public Affairs, organize tourism-related events and activities including but not limited to National Tourism Week, Tourism Day in Annapolis and one-off events for key civic/legislative stakeholders;
- Assist with information gathering and local distribution of Visit Baltimore’s publications to external stakeholders, to include Visit Baltimore’s Annual Report;
- Comply with company policies and procedures; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Associate VP of Public Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in communications, development/nonprofit management, public policy or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Exceptional relationship management, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong logistical, planning and organization skills;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Content Management Systems (CMS) required, Experience working with Blackbaud or other nonprofit fundraising software preferred;
- Positive attitude, dependability and professionalism are a must;
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work occasional evening and/or weekend events as needed.
How to Apply
Please submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org