The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within the Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence. The Career and Education Services Coordinator is responsible for providing a range of career and education services for Youth Hub participants. In this capacity, the Career and Education Services Coordinator will conduct intake and assessment of new Youth Hub participants, connect Youth Hub participants to appropriate career and education services both at The Door and externally, facilitate work readiness and financial literacy workshops and provide individual and group job search activities. The Career and Education Services Coordinator position requires that this person embody an innovative and collaborative spirit and a demonstrated success in youth career and education programming. This person will report directly to the Director of Career Services while working with the Youth Hub team and receiving task supervision from the Youth Hub Director.
- Conduct internal and external outreach to recruit Youth Hub participants from targeted Manhattan communities to
- receive career and education services.
- Facilitate orientation, intake, and assessment for new Youth Hub participants interested in career and education
- Connect Youth Hub participants to appropriate career and education programs at The Door or externally depending on
- the young person’s goals and needs.
- Recruit appropriate, eligible Youth Hub participants for culinary and information technology training programs offered
- as part of the Youth Hub.
- Facilitate career readiness and financial literacy workshops and job clubs for Youth Hub participants who need onsite
- services but are not eligible for existing Door career and education programs.
- Work with the Door’s job placement team to place Youth Hub participants in internships and employment.
- Ensure program operations and services are running smoothly and program goals and outcomes are being met
- Assist management team to coordinate program intake, orientation, service delivery and data tracking for participants
- on various contracts
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary staff in cross-departmental efforts to increase services to specific youth
- populations and provide appropriate support for young people
- Monitor participant and program’s progress toward the attainment of performance measures in compliance with
- funder and program requirements
- Track outcomes and data required for program and contract funding.
- Work with new and existing partner organizations to design and continually expand on support services for young
- Handle any appropriate responsibilities and functions as assigned by Supervisor and Youth Hub Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Education or related field; master degree preferred
- Two years of experience in youth development, preferably employment, career oriented programs and/or youth development programs required
- Knowledge of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Prior experience in a social service setting working with a multi-cultural young adult population
- Prior experience in working with a vulnerable youth populations (foster care, court involved, runaway and homeless or teen parent, etc.)
- Prior experience providing education/employment-related case management, career readiness, and employment retention services
- Demonstrated understanding and practice of the principles of positive youth development.
- Experience with performance based contracts.
- Ability to create and facilitate workshops and trainings
- Ability to closely collaborate with colleagues and function as part of a team to promote successful outcomes for youth
- Ability to model work readiness skills and appropriate work place behavior at all times
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and multitask while adhering to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong computer skills required
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ussofny&jobId=129504&lang=en_US&source=CC3