Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager of Fundraising Events oversees the production and execution of all of AIDS Action Committee’s special events, creates and foster new grassroots events, and focuses on special event related major giving and donor stewardship.
- Work directly with Director of Development to manage all fundraising and logistical aspects of AIDS Action Committee’s special events in order to the meet financial, branding and community building goals.
- Oversee the planning, production and execution of all of AAC’s special events, including but not limited to AIDS Walk & Run Boston, Taste of the South End, ARTcetera, Harbor to the Bay, Bayard Rustin Community Breakfast, Chandler Street Block Party, and other grassroots special events.
- Supervise Event Officer and seasonal AIDS Walk & Run Boston employees and volunteers.
- Work with development officers and communications staff on event planning and execution; timely management of online databases; develop, manage and execute external all event communications including all promotional and marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain long term-relationships with event committees, attendees and vendors.
- Work with Director of Development in maintaining revenue and expense budgets for fundraising events.
- Create a work plan for each approved event—including tasks, timelines, and assignments—to ensure its success.
- Research special event related major donors; create and execute special event opportunities to steward existing major donors and attract prospective major donors.
- Oversee management of volunteer committees, volunteers, and interns to assist in achieving special events goals.
- Participate in or lead regular meetings with Development staff, Walk staff, and Marketing & Communications staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 - 5 years of event production or fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated ability with time management and attention to detail.
- Community organizing, leadership, customer service or public speaking experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds related to events.
- Stewardship experience with donor clubs and other development incentive programs preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, including the use of donor databases, spread sheets and word processing systems. Experience with Convio, Luminate and The Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- AIDS awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a rapid paced, multi-cultural environment.
AIDS Action offers competitive salaries and has an excellent benefit package that includes significant employer contributions towards health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan and generous vacation, sick and holiday time.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application (direct link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1712247)