The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, a non-profit health organization, is seeking an Executive Director for our North Florida market. This position is to be located in the North Florida area- Tampa, Orlando or Jacksonville preferred. The market has a $1.8 million annual revenue budget.
The Executive Director engages community leaders in achieving Society priorities -- most importantly, in raising funds. Must passionately communicate about the Society's research, services and advocacy strategies and how the Society impacts the lives of people affected by MS. This requires a deep understanding of the communities in the market and an ability to engage with a wide range of people.
The Executive Director clearly articulates and models the Society culture and ensures the Society's operating principles are reflected in staff and volunteer behaviors -- always contributing to continuous improvement. The trust and confidence in the Society of all constituent groups is a reflection of the Executive Director's effectiveness.
For more information about the National MS Society, please visit our website at www.nationalmssociety.org
1. Ensure leadership volunteer engagement in communities throughout the market.
- Build trust and confidence in the National MS Society as the leadership executive in an assigned market.
- Develop and cultivate active and engaged Volunteer Leadership Council(s) and develop staff and volunteers, in assigned market, to be effective at community engagement.
- Identify, engage, leverage and cultivate community resources, influence and connections.
- Identify talent for Society committees and task forces. Expand and deepen involvement of volunteers throughout the Society.
- Ensure a consistent experience for people affected by MS, volunteers and participants, regardless of where they live.
2. Drive revenue growth.
- Participate in setting and ensuring the achievement of revenue targets; using Society metrics, operational plan and tools.
- Coach staff members and develop the staff team to achieve revenue targets.
- Build relationships to identify, cultivate, steward and recognize top relationships (donors, fundraisers, teams, corporate and community partners).
- Manage a portfolio of top relationships and participate in relationship management teams (often leading the teams).
- Identify potential donors through community connections.
- Ensure effective volunteer event committees and volunteer engagement is aligned to Society revenue plans.
3. Increase operational effectiveness and capacity
- Demonstrate a commitment to all Society staff growth and development. Actively participate in the professional development plans and activities of staff.
- Identify, develop and grow staff and volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensure staff and volunteer leadership behaviors are aligned with Society operating principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Recognize and actively support the role and work of the strategy leadership teams.
- Provide leadership in annual budget development, accurate forecasting and resource management.
- Ensure operations are effectively managed and aligned with Society practices; adhering to all Society policies and procedures.
- Recognize and remove obstacles to organizational effectiveness; demonstrate and actively contribute to continuous improvement.
- Maintain a strong sense of teamwork and foster a positive working environment.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- BA/BS with 5 or more year's progressively responsible experience.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience with a history of job growth and advancement, preferably with non-profit organizations.
- Experience in special events and traditional fundraising with success in developing and cultivating relationships to secure gifts and contributions from individuals and corporations.
- Experience in community engagement and volunteer development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Constituent relationship management and online meeting tools.
- Strong public speaking, presentation and writing skills required.
- Knowledge of employee relations practices.
- Experience desired in the following areas: working in a cross functional and complex reporting structure, budget management, forecasting and resource development and a proven ability to meet financial goals, mentoring and coaching high performing staff teams, creating positive workplace environments, and developing effective volunteer leadership committees.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Flexible Work Arrangement Options; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: