The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
We are seeking an experienced benefits and compensation professional to provide solid analytical, technical, administrative and customer service support association-wide to ensure accurate processing, timely crisis resolution, report creation/generation and regulatory compliance. This position serves as the primary contact for all benefit and compensation administration inquiries and the HRIS system.
- Provide guidance to all branch Human Resources Coordinators and Association Office staff on HR and Advanced Benefit modules, including report creation and generation (ad hoc), various element testing (both HR and Payroll) and implementation.
- Primary contact for all health and welfare plan administration/guidance. Serve as the subject matter expert regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provisions.
- Responsible for customization and management of file interfaces with vendors and insurance carriers, ensuring accurate plan enrollments, reconciliations and timely COBRA notifications.
- Primary contact for all staff regarding leave requests (FMLA, disability, personal, etc.), tracking, maintaining and managing all files/records.
- Manage the HRIS system, create and provide ongoing updates to procedural guides.
- Assist with management of the annual benefits Open Enrollment process.
- Assist retirees and COBRA participants with benefit plan inquiries.
- Manage PTO accruals in the HRIS system, providing guidance to all staff on eligibility and proper calculations.
- Assist with administration of the Salary Administration Plan, grading all Association positions, responding to compensation inquiries and supporting the annual performance appraisal process.
- Administration of the Incentive Pay program, including monitoring eligibility, employee communications and ensuring payments are processed timely and accurately.
- Work on special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum three years of solid Human Resources experience with a concentration in benefits, compensation plan administration and ERISA/FLSA/Department of Labor regulations.
- Knowledge of ERISA, FLSA, Affordable Care Act, vendor negotiations and benefit plan designs.
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle high volume of work.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Oracle a plus.
- PHR or SPHR a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with the subject line “Benefits, Compensation & HRIS Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Donnalea Hulett
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
New York City's YMCA | WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE