The(CYW) is part of a national effort to revolutionize pediatric medicine and transform the way society responds to children exposed to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and toxic stress.
Led by founder and CEO, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, we are a health-oriented San Francisco based nonprofit created to respond to an urgent public health issue because early adversity harms the developing brains and bodies of children. CYW seeks to transform the delivery of primary care for children in a way that recognizes and addresses ACEs as a major risk factor for chronic disease. CYW’s vision is having every pediatrician across the country screening for ACEs by 2028.
CYW is a fast-paced, results-oriented organization that is growing rapidly. Our work has been featured on local, statewide and national levels. We're poised to bring our model to scale through clinical, research and movement building initiatives in relentless pursuit of our vision and goal to improve the health of children and adolescents exposed to Adverse Childhood Experiences.
Read more about our past successes and new partnerships at our website: www.centerforyouthwellness.org
The Donor Relations Manager (DRM) supports the Development team in the implementation of a comprehensive giving program with a primary focus on the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual prospects and donors, who have the capacity to make major donations to the Center for Youth Wellness. The DRM will also help drive department-wide projects such as events, annual appeals, and data management. The DRM reports to the Associate Director, Individual Giving (ADIG) and will work closely with the Development Manager (DM) to support the team in meeting ambitious annual fundraising targets.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Individual Giving, key responsibilities, include:
- Coordinating an active schedule of individual donor solicitations, cultivation visits, events, and stewardship activities.
- Contributing to the implementation of a comprehensive stewardship plan for all CYW donors with a view to retaining donors and increasing their giving year over year.
- Identifying and prioritizing individual donor prospects.
- Preparing background information for cultivation meetings and solicitations.
- Contributing to an annual giving program to increase and sustain individual giving.
- Co-creating annual giving campaigns that reach new audiences and increase both donors and dollars raised annually.
- Support the management and expansion of CYW’s Leadership Council, including meetings and other events.
- Working with the Development team to enhance the donor experience.
- Working with senior staff, board, Leadership Council and other volunteers to support donor relations, planning, and solicitations; Facilitating relationships between potential and current donors and members of the CYW’s staff, Board, and volunteers.
- Maintaining an active current body of knowledge pertaining to a growing constituency of current and prospective donors and volunteers.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team and DM to communicate consistently with CYW’s stakeholders.
- Managing donor cultivation events and salons with a view to strategically engaging high capacity individuals and growing our donor community.
- In partnership with DM, managing administration of Salesforce database and integration with related applications, including data entry and customized solutions to ensure maximum operational efficiency of the department
- Working with the DM and Development team to identify systems improvements.
- Managing individual giving fundraising activity in Salesforce, producing activity reports and analysis for Senior Leadership and board.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience, including development, research and database administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience with funder relationship management and with experience balancing nuanced relationship building with systematized moves management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as training and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking and strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with development information systems, including data, imports/exports; experience with Salesforce database a plus.
- Experience collaborating with finance departments and program staff to ensure deliverables are met according to funder expectations.
- Ability to work independently exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Track record of being a strong team member who defines needs, designs solutions and brings about required results.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Full Time / Exempt status
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: https://careers-centerforyouthwellness.icims.com/jobs/1032/donor-relations-manager/job