Founded in 1981, Snow Leopard Trust (SLT) is the oldest and largest organization focused on the conservation of snow leopards and their high mountain ecosystems. SLT is a leader in community-based conservation and one of our flagship programs is Snow Leopard Enterprises (SLE).
The SLE program supports rural women in Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, India, and Pakistan to make beautiful handmade products from the raw wool of their livestock – intricate felt rugs, hot pads, ornaments, pet toys and more.
Snow Leopard Trust purchases these products at mutually agreed upon prices, and sells them to supporters around the world through our online store and a network of partners. The revenues from these sales are used to reduce poverty, empower women, and promote local conservation action.
The Manager of Sales and Marketing is responsible for maximizing the revenues generated from the SLE program, which can then be used to support our conservation programs.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans, sales plans, and forecasts to achieve program goals
- Oversee product descriptions and pricing for all products sold online
- Manage existing and new wholesale accounts (except zoo stores)
- Recruit new wholesale customers
- Attend 2-4 wholesale trade shows annually
- Develop sales sheets and other materials for wholesale customers
- Manage event sales
- Oversee Sales and Marketing Associate in her role of coordinating sales events
SLT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: 15%
The Trust also sells Snow Leopard Trust branded products as another way to raise awareness and raise funds that can support conservation programs.
- Develop SLT goals and strategies
- Manage ordering/re-ordering, handling invoices, and ensuring payments are made
- Research and develop new product ideas
- Update and create new adoption options
MANAGE ORDERS FROM SLE COUNTRIES 15%
- In collaboration with Country Program SLE coordinators and Conservation Program Director, develop 2 orders a year in Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, and Pakistan
- Communicate with SLE Coordinator in Mongolia regarding current pricing for each item to ensure that we have an accurate true cost for every order
- Work with customs broker to coordinate shipments of SLE products bi-annually from Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan
- Put together feedback reports for country shipments
- Develop new product ideas and determine which products must be phased out
- Work with SLE Coordinators to develop larger-scale design strategies when necessary
- Maintain regular online/Skype communication with SLE Coordinators from each country
TERTIARY DUTIES/OFFICE SUPPORT 10%
- Enter payments received from wholesale customers and corresponding data entry
- Annual "Thank You’s" to wholesale customers and special "Thank You’s"
- Customer service for online, in person, and phone customers
- Work retail sales events when necessary
- Master’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in sales
- Demonstrated trade show experience
- Experience with livelihood and/or handicraft sales
- Commitment to the Snow Leopard Trust mission and goals
- Experience with non-profit or mission-based organization
- Experience with or passion for conservation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to proficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people from different communities and cultures
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as a positive and contributing team member
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing program priorities
- Ability to prioritize work assignments appropriately and manage pressure of conflicting demands
- Good skills in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce (or similar CRM)
Salary is DOE. Our benefits package includes a health insurance option, generous vacation/sick time, and 10 paid holidays a year.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume (attached as PDFs, not in the body of the email) to email@example.com. Please do not call regarding this position.