Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN) supports two life-changing programs that empower students to break the cycle of poverty through education: TheYoung Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), a high-performing network of all-girls public secondary schools, and CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a comprehensive college guidance program for young men and women. YWLN programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for low-income students. To learn more, visit our website at: www.ywln.org.
YWLN is seeking a full-time Manager of Institutional Giving to support development activities related to fundraising from current and prospective institutional donors, e.g. foundation, corporate, family foundations, and government. Reporting to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving, the Manager of Institutional Giving will support institutional fundraising efforts, which currently represent approximately $2.5 million of YWLN’s $10.4 million budget with plans to grow. He/ she will research viable institutional prospects identified by senior staff, write, and support the writing of grant maker solicitations and reports to achieve revenue goals. As a team member, the Manager will contribute to other development activities including supporting corporate volunteer events, maintaining the donor database for institutional funders, managing the institutional giving calendar, and general team support. The successful candidate will be passionate about writing compelling, outcomes-driven narratives, being a member of a collaborative development team, and contributing to the organization’s mission.
Associate Director of Institutional Giving
- Support the Associate Director of Institutional Giving with grant writing and drafting fundraising documents including: letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and cover letters
- Manage the process for securing funding from the New York City Council and other public sources
- Work with YWLN staff as well as finance to ensure that reports and proposals are submitted on time
- Manage a portfolio of institutional funders that includes, but not limited to, organizing and preparing grant proposal and report packages, in compliance with funder guidelines, and supporting site visits
- Prepare new and keep current supporting documentation to funder reports and proposals
- Conduct prospect research to help identify pipeline of institutional donors
- Help maintain existing donor records; keep current existing funder research
- Maintain prospect lists; track and report progress of the prospect pipeline
- Add new prospects and donors into donor database; assist with maintaining record-keeping and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of grant writing experience in the nonprofit development field
- Must possess excellent persuasive writing skills and be highly detail-oriented
- Aptitude for being highly organized; interest in developing project management skills
- Must be collaborative and demonstrate initiative in managing personal time and project deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Familiarity with institutional funder research is preferred
- Familiarity with donor database software (e.g. Salesforce) and prospect search engines (e.g. iWave) is preferred
- Passionate about YWLN’s mission and committed to teamwork and being results-oriented
Competitive/commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
For considerations, please email your resume and cover letter to Instgiving@ywln.org. No phone calls please.