The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $750 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 135 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
The Digital Asset Producer will report to the VP, Marketing and Operations, delivering assets that support initiatives for a number of important Foundation goals, including audience development, content engagement, fundraising, awareness/education, clinical trial recruitment, and research community engagement. As marketing needs increase substantially across the organization, the Digital Asset Producer plays a critical part in maintaining our brand look, feel and voice across a growing portfolio of marketing distribution channels—and, ultimately, expands the reach of our work in the search to find a cure.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with relevant stakeholders and colleagues across departments, with a specific focus on meeting the shared needs of Marketing and Communications
- Edit existing assets produced by the Communications team for appropriate use in digital marketing, including shorter versions of longer videos, still images cut from videos, and selection of photos relevant to topics
- Develop website hero space imagery, gifs and graphics for social, and banner ads in various sizes
- Create and execute against cross-functional roadmaps related to production of assets for both “business-as-usual,” ongoing needs and larger, discrete campaigns throughout the year
- Communicate and work effectively with the Web Development team, as appropriate, for needs gathering and delivery of work product online
- Serve as a point-of-contact for external consultants and freelancers, as appropriate
- Ensure consistency of all work product with Foundation branding guidelines, style guide, Foundation “voice,” and organizational goals set forth for campaigns
- Publish work to website, social, and other platforms via various software services
MJFF is seeking an experienced Digital Asset Producer to support our Marketing and Communications teams in the development of campaign assets. The role requires a combination of brand stewardship, creative skill, technical skill, marketing savvy and workflow/time management.
The preferred candidate will have 2-3 years of working experience as a digital producer or similar, a BS/BA degree in related field, and familiarity with online publishing workflows, including experience with a content management system, image editing software, video editing tools, social media platforms, and content publishing software. The person will be comfortable working in a high-paced environment juggling multiple priorities and demonstrate attention to detail, flexibility, urgency, and a strong orientation to teamwork and meeting deadlines. This is a fulltime onsite position located in New York City and is not conducive to telecommuting.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position to this Link. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please click on this link to apply. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.