The Director, Program Operations and Administration, reports to the Deputy Program Officer, supports the Chief Program Officer and Deputy Program Officer, and acts as a lead project manager according to the Chief Program Officer (CPO) and Deputy Program Officer (DPO)’s agenda, strategy, and direction. Working closely with the DPO, assists with all aspects of management, planning, and oversight of the organization.
- Lead and manage special projects that may include horizontal communication and resource exchange, development of operating plan goals and objectives
- Manage cross program projects (e.g. Special events attendees, Grant lists, CEO reports) and works on special projects (such as a selection and vetting process to be utilized for career development opportunities)
- Manage Emergency Client Assistance Program (ECAP)
- Support CPO/DPO to move projects forward: information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, etc.
- Represent CPO or DPO at appropriate internal and external meetings
- Develop, writes and edits communications, presentations, reports on behalf of CPO and DPO
- Serve as Program representative on cross-functional work groups or committees
- Anticipate needs from the Program team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow
- Lead review and development of programmatic policies and procedures
- Manage implementation of new policies or policy changes
- Coordinate supporting elements of grant proposals
- Ensure follow up on Staff critical meetings tasks and captures details of meetings
- Utilize Microsoft Office and equivalent software to develop processes (such a as a tracking tool)
- Collaborate with Human Resources to develop and manage robust volunteer program
- Manage Program Team internship placements
- Supervises executive assistant and program operations intern(s)
- Response to general organization and/or programmatic inquires
- Assess inquiries directed to the DPO, determine proper course of action and delegation to appropriate individual to manage
- Coordinate external program site visits
- Overseeing day-to-day operations and staff services; management of Program Operations budget; vendor and/or consultant payments, relations, and contracts; and office management.
- Act as a liaison to other departments to represent program needs
- Manage extensive, complex calendaring in absence of the Executive Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Program-related experience, preferably in social services desirable.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, calendaring, and project management software desirable.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Appropriate independent judgment and initiative
- Capable of working on projects independently as well as working well as part of a team
- Ability to work with competing and/or changing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple, high priority projects
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employmentAmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
How to Apply
To apply click on the link below: