Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Position Location: Los Angeles, USA
Animal Equality is an international organization working with society, governments and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India and has been regarded as a top charity in recognition of its efficiency and efficacy in helping animals.
Reporting to the Executive Director and other upper management, the Operations and Project Manager will supervise and optimize the organization’s operations as well as plan, budget, and oversee and coordinate country-specific and international projects.
Reports to: Executive Director and upper management
- Coordinate, manage, monitor, assess, and improve the operations and projects of the organization.
- Help oversee the implementation of processes, goals, and objectives within the organization.
- Oversee projects from beginning to end, including planning and managing the budget, determining and assigning key deliverables, allocating resources, establishing timelines, and ensuring deadlines are met, as required.
- Ensure that key performance indicators are reported on a regular basis.
- Continuously help optimize the organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements in the US are met and file all reports in a timely manner.
- Work with off-site financial and accounting services on all matters related to budgeting, revenue, and expenses.
- Review financial statements and data. Prepare and control operational budgets for set projects. Control inventory.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data.
- Help manage human resources, including organizing recruitment processes and induction of staff and supervision of performance.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the organization to ensure teams understand and work toward performance goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in nonprofit management, public administration, human resources, organizational behavior, management, business, accounting, finance, or related field
- Relevant experience of minimum 4 years
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with tight, and sometimes competing, deadlines
- Experience with budgeting, Google Spreadsheets, and Microsoft Excel
- High degree of professional ethics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate a projects’ needs
- First-class interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-start and work well in a team-driven environment
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Spanish-language proficiency (preferable but not mandatory)
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision plans. Casual office environment includes companion animals.
How to Apply
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume, cover letter, and four references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you want to work for Animal Equality?
What will you bring to Animal Equality?
What are your specific salary expectations?