As the world’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, GLAAD is at the forefront of accelerating acceptance to ensure fair, accurate, and inclusive representation that leads to cultural change.
For over 30 years, GLAAD has been a dynamic media force rewriting the script for LGBTQ acceptance. Our work tackles tough issues that shape the narrative and provokes dialogue that leads to cultural change.
GLAAD operates with support from foundations, corporations and individuals from every corner of the United States. We pride ourselves on recruiting a highly skilled staff of more than 50 people in multiple offices and managing an annual operating budget in excess of $12 million.
The Digital Director translates GLAAD’s groundbreaking media advocacy work into successful digital strategies.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, this person leads the team responsible for changing hearts and minds through innovative and engaging campaigns online. The Digital Director is GLAAD’s subject matter expert on all digital channels, including social media, SMS, email marketing, and website management.
This position will be based in the New York office.
- Achieve aggressive follower growth and fundraising goals. Help set program benchmarks and track progress to goal.
- Develop and implement GLAAD’s digital content distribution strategy across all online channels. Manage a portfolio of multiple messages and campaigns. Programs include national and local email, mobile, content, rapid response, and social media campaigns.
- Oversee expansion of digital programs, including building a robust program to engage social influencers and personify the GLAAD brand online.
- Provide insight and recommendations to leadership on digital media best practices.
- Create and oversee best practices for digital campaigns including content creation, curation, audience development, reporting, and more as needed.
- Coordinate with policy, communications, campaigns, data, technology, and field departments on shared goals. Translate messaging and narratives to the digital sphere.
- Create and support the new digital analytics program, building out tracking, testing, and analysis throughout our program to support membership and acquisition strategies.
- Lead the Digital Communications team, building skills and capacity through development and skilled team management.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working on digital campaigns including strategy development, conceptualization and implementation from start to finish.
- Demonstrated success in creating, expanding, and maintaining email, social, and SMS lists, particularly through organic growth and paid acquisition.
- Familiarity with social media monitoring and analytics tools, as well as experience with online testing.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Strong commitment to GLAAD’s mission and vision.
- Strong people management and project management experience.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems, work independently, and excel in a high performance culture.
- High degree of expertise in multitasking and time management.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively and thoughtfully as part of a committed, integrated team.
- Willingness to be on-call 24/7 for emergencies.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits include fully paid employee medical/dental/vision coverage, 403b contribution, escalating vacation beginning with three weeks+; paid sick, personal days and holidays; flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life and long-term disability insurance.
US work authorization and the ability to pass both financial and criminal background check.
GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits for this position.
GLAAD is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please send resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Digital Director in the subject line. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with GLAAD. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.