The mission of Magen David Yeshivah is to ensure and globally support the continuity of Sephardic communities through education. Its vision is to develop a new, globally recognized center of excellence that prepares students to excel academically, graduate college as well as professional graduate schools, and apply their unique talents in the world to create economically independent and personally fulfilling lives. Magen David Yeshivah is a Middle States Accredited high school with several college and international partners. It has an internationally recognized ‘Magen David Model’ highlighted by a senior year internship program.
The Director of STEM is responsible for developing, planning, managing, supporting, organizing, and implementing the STEM programs within the high schools and provides leadership for school wide initiatives for the Mathematics and Science programs.
The incumbent in this position provides direction and leadership for the overall administration and coordination of the STEM programs in support of effective instructional practices, communication and operation efficiency.
- Provides direction and leadership in the development of a comprehensive STEM curriculum
- Oversees the development and enhancement of the STEM curriculum for instructional programs and collaborates with teachers and administration in the development and maintenance of the STEM curriculum
- Promotes effective instructional practices and communication that support high levels of instruction through the use of research based data driven best practices, effective classroom consultation, and program evaluation
- Monitors school sySTEM data to determine trends and in turn develops and implements the most effective strategies for meeting and exceeding state and national student achievement goals
- Leads a process for the evaluation, selection, and acquisition of instructional materials, supplies, equipment and textbooks to support the STEM curriculum
- Assists administrators and teachers in evaluating and improving classroom instruction in the STEM programs
- Assists in the development of a proposed annual budget relating to curriculum development and the instructional materials needs
- Assists in reviewing and evaluating results of testing programs and recommends appropriate modifications to the STEM curriculum
- Assists in the planning and development of school wide instructional in service programs for teachers, aides, and parent volunteers to assist in raising the level of instructional performance and student achievement in the STEM programs
- Manages and coordinates professional development training for Mathematics and Science teachers
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports regarding the STEM programs and provides support to administrators and teachers in data driven decision making to improve student achievement
- Coordinates appropriate field test and revision process relating to the STEM curriculum, ensuring teacher input
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
- Education: Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Science, or Education required
- Certification/Licensure: Must hold Certification in the areas of Mathematics, or Science
- Experience: Minimum 3 years supervisory and/or administrative experience and 3 additional years of classroom teaching experience required
- Must have strong undergraduate aptitude in Mathematics or Science
- Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive learning in the school
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people and to observe, listen, motivate, and provide leadership which results in the best environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various issues
- Ability to manage financial, material, and human resources effectively
- Proven ability to make recommendations on various topics, detailed, controversial, simple, or complex
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities
- Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information
- Must be skilled in collaborative leadership of individuals and groups
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to HRresumes@mdyschool.org
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply.