Who We Are
American Refugee Committee is and always has been about amazing global citizens taking action to change our world. Today, we’re facing challenging global humanitarian crises that require 21st Century solutions. But we’ve found that co-creating together with impassioned, dedicated people, limited only by their own imaginations, remains the key to designing new solutions that resonate. We still believe that ARC should exist, first and foremost, as a platform for realizing the goodwill of everyday people – people from Sweden to Somalia, Minnesota to Malaysia, Uganda to the U.S.
We’ve found that something incredible will result as long as we begin the journey with amazing people, agree on a destination and move together towards it transparently and open to possibility.
Reports to Impact and Communications Technology Manager| Full time | November 2017
As ARC’s results guru, you will use your data and analysis skills to help us manage information, including program outcomes to learn and improve program design and organizational performance. We have large quantities of data being submitted to HQ from country offices, and struggle to employ this information in influencing program design or best practices. We need your help to develop better systems for tracking information and making it accessible for program accountability, learning, communications and management.
We have a unique approach to working with those we serve. Providing basic services just isn’t our style. Our customers want more and you will co-create with an enthusiastic team that will support you with close coordination in order to ensure quality in ARC’s programming.
If you are looking for a job, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place where you can unleash your creativity, leverage your experience and that of those around you, we invite you to join us. We expect and reward disruption, transcendence and change making.
Who you’ll work with
Gina Paulette (HQ) leads our global operations teams to provide proactive management and guidance to ensure quality and coordinated programming.
Kayla Casavant (HQ) serves as a key management person for backstopping all management activities in all countries and works to develop new or improved tools for increased efficiencies.
Daphne Karypis (HQ) leads the organization to think through how we understand and measure impact and works to create visibility into our global programs.
Global Support Department (HQ) provides strategic guidance and operational support to individual country programs.
Field M&E focal points and teams who lead the M&E function in individual countries and are integral to the program quality process and improvement initiatives.
About the Role
- You understand monitoring and evaluation. Much of your day will be spent working with country offices and the Global Support team to ensure that the design and implementation of M&E plans contributes to quality, results driven programing. To do this you may travel up to 35% percent of the time. You’re not scared of log frames, M&E plans, program reports or managing a database.
- You understand that everything we do starts with quality, and that is a constant challenge in our sector/industry. You will be a part of the strategic vision for strengthening ARC M&E processes and systems, supporting the communication platform and centralized knowledge repository and working with teams to define the quality of outcome/impact evidence.
- You recognize that donors expect us to design relevant and achievable targets and provide quality reporting. It’s going to be your job to monitor country performance indicators to achieve targets laid out in the Monitoring and Evaluation plan. You’re not intimidated by co-creating with others to develop proposals or submit timely and high quality reports.
- You understand the importance centralized technologies play in managing information across an organization and that the success of any business transformation relies on the balance of people, processes and technology.
- We believe strategy is a team sport. You will work close with country M&E focal points, providing M&E capacity via in-person and remote training. You will help recruit new M&E field gurus to strengthen data collection and reporting produced in country.
- You are an exceptional systems thinker, with the ability to work with teams in an international, multicultural and interdisciplinary environment to establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- You have an infectious enthusiasm for results and impact, a fanatical devotion to refugees, and this isn’t your first time. As such, you’ve had experience with developing M&E plans, data collection and management, data quality assessments, program reporting, program evaluation and survey design in a developing country, or you’ve provided M&E advisory support, designing and conducting training and capacity building activities for both HQ and field sites.
- You enjoy being involved in the proposal development process, and are talented at managing expectations and your own time. You love co-creating across teams and are personable, helpful and incredibly organized.
- You are no stranger to information management systems or mobile data capture applications, and enjoy deciphering commonalities across reams of information, analyzing data, and developing tools that work.
- You work well with a lot of freedom and do your best work in a culture that does the doable with whatever resources we have.
- You have a founders’ spirit, embrace ambiguity, are joyful to the people you serve and work beside.
- You deliver your work generously and take ownership of everything that lands in your lap.
Work in the Northeast – Work from our office in the Banks Building of the historic Northeast neighborhood of Minneapolis, in close proximity to some of the best restaurants, bars and shops in town.
Health, dental, long-term disability, life and AD&D, MedEvac, Worker’s Comp Insurance – We cover 100% of your health and 75% of your spouse/dependent’s health. We also pay100% of the premiums for long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance for you.
Retirement – We contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
Flexible Leave Time – Between vacation leave, personal leaves and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
Great Resources – Access to our country head offices, global conferences and trainings.
If all of that sounds pretty great, you should stop by our (Careers page link) and watch the video.
How to Apply
Click here to apply - https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oHXk6fwO&s=Foundation_Center