Action Network, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community health collaborative with a mission to build a thriving, healthy, drug-free commUNITY for all ages and cultures living along the bi-county Redwood Coast. With Family Resource Centers located in Gualala and Point Arena, CA, Action Network utilizes evidence-based prevention programs to improve the social, mental and physical health of our children, teens and families. Action Network serves as the lead agency for the Across Ages and Cultures Prevention Coalition focused on reducing and preventing substance use among youth. Action Network operates with a staff of nine PT/FT employees and engages additional consultants and volunteers. Action Network provides family support services, early childhood education, tutoring, career and youth development and much more. Numerous community and fundraising events are held annually.
We seek a Programs Manager to join our dedicated, fun-loving team to sustain, coordinate and measure the success of our community programs working within our cohesive team environment. The ideal candidate excels in program development and implementation, data management, public relations and provides warm, welcoming customer service.
- Work the Action Network Self-Directed Work team on Program Planning, Budgeting and Problem Solving
- Implement, manage, and evaluate of all activities of the programs in accordance with Action Network standards and funder requirements.
- Manage existing and future data base software programs.
- Coordinate accurate collection and entry of data, compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Analyze trends in the program, identify issues, develop and recommend solutions.
- In coordination with the contract Bookkeeper and Programs Assistant, oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and budget to actual expense.
- In coordination with the Family Advocate and Outreach Manager, develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of clients participating in the programs.
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers to support the programs.
- Write and publish articles, newsletters and PR materials using a variety of methods.
- Support the Across Ages and Cultures Coalition and other committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social science preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in Program or Event Planning and Management
- Ability to interact positively with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English), especially as they relate to marketing, social media, fundraising, and PR needs.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Exceptional computer skills – database management, MS Office Suite and Quickbooks
- Experience in website development
- Experience developing and managing internal and external calendar integration with smart phones, online and local databases
- Strong problem solving and team work skills
- Ability to thrive within a self-directed work team management model
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities and work harmoniously with all members of a culturally diverse team and commUNITY.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive, personal information.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasional evenings and approximately 12 weekend days per year.
- Ability to lift and move 25#, more with assistance, stand and sit for extended periods of time
One full-time position. Starting wage negotiable plus Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance (100% of premiums paid for employee through 2018, insurance available for family members), Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Successful candidate must submit to reference and personal background check. Candidate must have own car, possess a valid California driver's license, provide a DMV print out, proof of current automobile liability insurance ($100,000/$300,000) and be willing to do some local travel.
How to Apply
Send a thoughtful Letter of Interest indicating where you saw this vacancy and include your salary expectation (1-2 pages) and Resume (1-2 pages), in confidence, to Janet Kukulinsky via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full consideration, submit no later than 5pm PST on December 4th, 2017. Interviews may begin at any time.