Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Director of Reunion Giving and exercising a high degree of independence, develop and implement strategic plans to maximize giving in Yale College's quinquennial reunions. Responsibilities include support of volunteers who include many of the university's highest level donors and university citizens; direct solicitation and closure of reunion gifts; and creation and implementation of strategies to achieve goals to meet the University's highest priorities in reunion years.
Organizes and coordinates fundraising efforts. Develops strategic fundraising programs, sets participation and dollar goals, and manages processes of screening and rating alumni. Provides ongoing support for chairs and committee members. Identifies, recruits, trains, briefs and motivates committee members. Staffs and attends committee meetings. Facilitates ongoing communications between class-based volunteers involved in capital fundraising and development officers. Personally participates in fundraising conversations. Initiates and oversees all class-wide gift mailings. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with alumni volunteers and colleagues about fundraising programs, procedures and university issues.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with alumni. Professionalism, maturity, ability to maintain confidentiality, and skill as a team player.
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks while attending to details and follow-through. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Ability and willingness to work some irregular hours.
- Highly motivated and energetic. Ability to show initiative, and work independently with integrity.
- Good word processing and database management software skills
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in a related field and four years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2AqDKJx. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.